Koaloha Pikake Koa KSM-00 soprano excellent condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

william1

Reaction score
For Sale: One excellent Koaloha Pikake Koa Satin Soprano KSM-10, asking price $590/OBO, free shipping CONUS. Paypal (buyer pays fees unless paid without fees). For more info. I am only selling because I mostly play my Koaloha Tenor & Anuenue UT 200. Contact me at email: vwynne1@yahoo.com

Living Waters strings, Gotoh planetary turners, set-up by Ukulele Site.(I have original tuners for you too!)
Specifications:
All solid Hawaiian Koa Body
CNC shaped Mahogany Neck
TUSQ Nut and Saddle
KoAloha 5-pointed Crown Headstock
Thinlam Paua Headstock Logo
12-Fret Straight cut Fretboard (joined at the 12th Fret)
Rosewood Fretboard and Fretboard Binding
Paua Fret Markers
Rosewood Bridge
KoAloha Friction Tuners included, (but changed to better GOTOH tuners)
KoAloha

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 235
  • headstock.jpg
    headstock.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 168
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 151
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I have a similar one that I may put up for sale in the next few months. I can state that this is a fair price for a wonderful instrument. Others have chimed in that the satin finish may have a better sound than the gloss. At the KoAloha factory tour, they said that it is actually more involved for them to do this finish as they are unable to buff out imperfections like on a gloss finish so had to prep the room to be dust free and be much more careful when applying this finish.

GLWS! Whoever gets it should be very happy.

Thank you for your response and insight into the factory making of the pikake ukulele. It has that KoAloha sound, deep, loud and very rich in tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom