I'm Hopeless

Jerryc41

Reaction score
You'd think someone who had a hundred ukuleles would be satisfied. But no. A friend sent me a link to a banjo uke selling for $35. This was one of those typical Chinese deals that includes everything - even a pickup!

At first, I didn't take it seriously because of the low price. Then someone here kindly pointed out that the same thing is selling for $125 on eBay. My friend bought one, and I did, too.

How bad can it be, right? I'll let you know when it arrives.

I'm not going to try to add a link to eBay. I tried that through an edit yesterday, and I couldn't post for hours. Look for a Vangoa banjo uke on eBay.

don't search by vangoa, just search banjo ukulele or banjolele, and you will see the same thing using the same pictures for 70.23 and up

Are you suggesting that I buy that one, too? Someone else in our group ordered one for $35. We can form the "Vango Trio." ;)

I'll be interested to hear if you get this. When I see prices that much lower than expected I think scam. I ordered a similarly priced (maybe lower? $17?) bass a year or so ago with appropriate expectations. Unfortunately my expectations were met and eBay was easy to reverse the charge when it was shown as "delivered" with tracking that went to the wrong side of the country

Are you suggesting that I buy that one, too? Someone else in our group ordered one for $35. We can form the "Vango Trio." ;)

nope. but you said the same thing is selling on ebay for $125. it's actually selling for ~70 if you don't search by the brand name. I mentioned that price and brought up the brand name earlier in your thread from yesterday on this same product. based on what you wrote to start this one, it's not entirely clear whether you bought the $35 deal or $125 ebay uke

I bought a side kick for $ 100.00. Not sure if this is the same or what. I can see in this case you get what you pay for....If your careful.

I'm not going to try to add a link to eBay. I tried that through an edit yesterday, and I couldn't post for hours. Look for a Vangoa banjo uke on eBay.

As in, an Italian Van Gogh...?

:cheers:

~ S.

If you aren't satisfied with 100 ukes, why do you think you would be satisfied with 101 ukes, or 1001 ukes, or a million and one ukes? Be satisfied that you will never be satisfied and do whatever you want. It's your money. Or maybe it will be satisfying to donate the lion's share to the library system to start a Ukulele loan program near you.

Satisfied? Of course I'm satisfied. That's why I have 101. I sold the other 35 - the ones that didn't satisfy me. I'm very easy to please - and please - and please.

YOLO for Jerry. Keep doing what you're doing.

Just let me know when you have a yard sale!

peace.

Keep on doing what you enjoy Jerry. If that's buying and collecting ukuleles, we support you.

We enjoy reading about your latest acquisition. And value your opinion about the quality and sound of them.

It makes more sense than my collecting audio CDs.

Jerry41, I'm rooting for you to reach 200!

Once you do; please post a picture of you and all your ukes. It'll be nice to see.

Just remember, about 20-25 ukuleles ago, Jerry said he was done buying them....

Just remember, about 20-25 ukuleles ago, Jerry said he was done buying them....

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. I hope to start selling some in the spring. I have a garage full of boxes and packing material, so I'm ready to go.

It is nice playing several different ukes, one after the other - the different feel and different sound. I don't know about other players, but I appreciate the feel of a good ukulele, and I like the ones that vibrate against my body when I play them.

Top Bottom