I'm Hopeless

So when we can do Spring Into Uke again, bring about 10 with you, and offer them for sale... I bet you sell at least 4-5.

That ought to finance another few...

That's an absolutely lovely collection of ukes, Jerry41! ...It's possible that you and a few others (myself assisting) have single-handedly kept the ukulele industry afloat during these pandemic times. ;)

...I'm still in favor of the humidified uke room idea. Who knows, maybe the space will fill and that number - whatever it may be - will be the arbitrary cap on the # of ukes that can be enjoyed at any given time??

This is my current crop, with two on the way.

View attachment 132185

Last edited:
Jerry, I've written in the past that you need to build a "museum" room onto your house for all your ukes, but since that doesn't seem to be happening, I have another suggestion.

The Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria (the guy who started WW1 by being assassinated) was said to have hunted and killed over 100,000 animals and mounted on his wall over 4,000 heads and antlers. So my suggestion to you is to completely climate control your house, get lots of wall hangers and mount the 200 or 300 ukuleles throughout the house. With a slight change of lyrics, you could sing the song Gaston sung in Beauty and the Beast: "I use ukuleles in all my decorating..."

So when we can do Spring Into Uke again, bring about 10 with you, and offer them for sale... I bet you sell at least 4-5.

That ought to finance another few...

That's a good idea. I wonder if that would work with a Virtual Spring into Uke.

Jerry, I've written in the past that you need to build a "museum" room onto your house for all your ukes, but since that doesn't seem to be happening, I have another suggestion.

The Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria (the guy who started WW1 by being assassinated) was said to have hunted and killed over 100,000 animals and mounted on his wall over 4,000 heads and antlers. So my suggestion to you is to completely climate control your house, get lots of wall hangers and mount the 200 or 300 ukuleles throughout the house. With a slight change of lyrics, you could sing the song Gaston sung in Beauty and the Beast: "I use ukuleles in all my decorating..."

In that case, it's good someone bumped him off. Otherwise, European kids would be asking, "What's an animal, Mommy?"

I'm neither a singer nor a museum curator. I just stuff the ukes into available spaces in my bedroom. I might have to buy a smaller bed.

You'd think someone who had a hundred ukuleles would be satisfied. But no. A friend sent me a link to a banjo uke selling for $35. This was one of those typical Chinese deals that includes everything - even a pickup!

At first, I didn't take it seriously because of the low price. Then someone here kindly pointed out that the same thing is selling for $125 on eBay. My friend bought one, and I did, too.

How bad can it be, right? I'll let you know when it arrives.

I'm not going to try to add a link to eBay. I tried that through an edit yesterday, and I couldn't post for hours. Look for a Vangoa banjo uke on eBay.

Haha, I know how it is. I wanna buy everything :D I am gonna need a loan. I actually got one from https://maybeloan.com/calculators/loan-payments-calculator some time ago because I wanted to get a cool new ukulele asap. Haha, that's stupid, but I am really a psycho when it goes to new gear :D

Last edited:
And to think I felt crowded when I simultaneously owned 15 or so ukes before I started selling/gifting some! You're a ukulele hoarder, Jerry!

In the 4th and 5th row of your collection, what are these seven banjoleles? And which of them sounds the best in your ears?

And to think I felt crowded when I simultaneously owned 15 or so ukes before I started selling/gifting some! You're a ukulele hoarder, Jerry!

In the 4th and 5th row of your collection, what are these seven banjoleles? And which of them sounds the best in your ears?

Gold Tone DLX, Firefly, Duke 10, Homemade, Rolando (1921), Beansprout, Southern Cross. The one I made isn't the best-sounding. : ) All the others sound different, but nice.

As for being a hoarder, I prefer to think that I'm not. :D

You'd think someone who had a hundred ukuleles would be satisfied. But no. A friend sent me a link to a banjo uke selling for $35. This was one of those typical Chinese deals that includes everything - even a pickup!

At first, I didn't take it seriously because of the low price. Then someone here kindly pointed out that the same thing is selling for $125 on eBay. My friend bought one, and I did, too.

How bad can it be, right? I'll let you know when it arrives.

I'm not going to try to add a link to eBay. I tried that through an edit yesterday, and I couldn't post for hours. Look for a Vangoa banjo uke on eBay.
Sounds like a Sidekick
Reviews
https://www.amazon.com/BanjoUke-SideKick-Banjolele-ukulele-BANJOUKE/product-reviews/B00XLEJR38

Last edited:
Gold Tone DLX, Firefly, Duke 10, Homemade, Rolando (1921), Beansprout, Southern Cross. The one I made isn't the best-sounding. : ) All the others sound different, but nice.

The 4th one with the Fyberskin-looking head is actually the one that had grabbed my attention! I only have one banjo ukulele, the Deering concert one, and frankly, I don't particularly like it. I bought it used a few years ago and I never connected with it. I do plan to experiment with strings soon, though, and now that I know a bit more about banjos, I may also replace the head with a frosted head and maybe commission a custom bridge for it. I could really get into banjoleles if I am not careful! (I also saw a Gold Tone CC Mini banjo today, 19" scale - very tempted by it; it's sort of like a uke with five strings.)

As for being a hoarder, I prefer to think that I'm not. :D

No worries, Jerry, most people have a hundred stringed instruments in their bedroom and a garage full of packaging material to ship them all! :p (In a way, I'm a little jealous. I get uncomfortable/feel crowded when I have too much stuff sitting around, but that led me to selling and gifting some ukes that I would have liked to keep, in retrospect.)

100 quid here on Amazon! Question is, are they any good?

The 4th one with the Fyberskin-looking head is actually the one that had grabbed my attention! I only have one banjo ukulele, the Deering concert one, and frankly, I don't particularly like it. I bought it used a few years ago and I never connected with it. I do plan to experiment with strings soon, though, and now that I know a bit more about banjos, I may also replace the head with a frosted head and maybe commission a custom bridge for it. I could really get into banjoleles if I am not careful! (I also saw a Gold Tone CC Mini banjo today, 19" scale - very tempted by it; it's sort of like a uke with five strings.)

No worries, Jerry, most people have a hundred stringed instruments in their bedroom and a garage full of packaging material to ship them all! :p (In a way, I'm a little jealous. I get uncomfortable/feel crowded when I have too much stuff sitting around, but that led me to selling and gifting some ukes that I would have liked to keep, in retrospect.)

That's a Remo head I got, probably from Amazon. The angle of the neck isn't quite right, so I'm probably going to cut it off and increase it a bit to lower the action. I like slotted headstocks, so I used one for this.

Top Bottom