Hello from Germany

rsmillbern

Reaction score
Hello, I am a "relatively" new ukulele player, though I have been playing guitar, mandolin and banjo for quite some time. A while back my son wanted a ukulele and with that addition to the house hold I have been fully won over.

I am pondering the idea of building a ukulele, and eager to improve my playing.

I am an American, living in Germany these past 10 years, all the while becoming more and more drawn into all forms of acoustic music.

Scott

Welcome to UU Scott!

I am sure you will find a lot of interesting information on the forum and you have some of the best uke builders participating here.

I'm also an expatriate in a German speaking country, from Belgium originally now living in Austria for 5 years, so we're kinda neighbors :)

Thomas

Hi Scott!

Welcome to the forum, I am new too and also from Germany!
In which town do you live?
Have a great time and I hope the snow didn‘t hit you too hard!!

I am pretty fond of Austria, I have spent some time climbing and ski touring in various areas.
I could imagine living in the Innsbruck area pretty easily ;-).

Hello Jackie,
I am in Langenfeld, between Cologne and Duesseldorf.

The snow is welcome, for me. Beats the cold and rain any day :)
Where bouts are you?

Scott

Last edited:
Hey Scott,
we don’t live very far from each other. I am in Bergisch Gladbach near Cologne :D
Right, better snow than rain and my husky loves it even more :)

yes, indeed, practically neighbors.

Walking a dog in the snow is MUCH nicer to deal with than in the rain. I had a husky mix, many years ago, who hated coming back in the house when there was snow out :)

yes, indeed, practically neighbors.

Walking a dog in the snow is MUCH nicer to deal with than in the rain. I had a husky mix, many years ago, who hated coming back in the house when there was snow out :)

You have to bribe Sam to out when it rains, but snow is no problem. Just as yours he would love to stay outside... but only until I speak the magic words (‚food is ready‘ ) :D

Welcome Scott. I think you will enjoy the UU Forum.

Right now, I am "enjoying" our 7 inches (18 cm) of snow with -2 deg F (-17 deg C) high temp today in Wisconsin. It was a lot colder yesterday.

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Scott!
Check out the Luthiers' section and the thread What's happening in my shed. Looking forward to seeing pics of your first build.

Welcome to the forum! As you may know, you're in the home country of Bruko ukes! Worth checking out!

I will for sure, I have had the idea to get a new ukulele, and have struggled a bit as I don't know nearly so much as I do about guitars or mandolins..
Seems every time I look I decide to increase my budget :cool:

Welcome to UU. I've heard some might good players from Germany....

Hey Scott!
I am fond of acoustic music as well. Though I have only played the guitar outside of ukulele.

Top Bottom