Lyle Ritz

Thanks, John. Wonderful interview!

Bluesy.

I believe his early stuff was on a Gibson tenor.

Another guy to check out is Byron Yasui, although it is hard to find much out there. His work with Benny Chong is also amazing as they are both fantastic players.

"...the fruit of the noodle", that's awesome!

I believe his early stuff was on a Gibson tenor.

Another guy to check out is Byron Yasui, although it is hard to find much out there. His work with Benny Chong is also amazing as they are both fantastic players.

Most videos of Byron I've found he's playing bass with Benny. I heard them live in Nov. 2019 at Nico's in Kailua. Brian Tolentino and Halehaku Seabury have a regular gig there and invite people to come up and play on their break. Mika Kane was sitting in with them that evening, Brian invited me to come up and play that night. Right before I got up to play Brian told me Benny and Byron were playing after me. No pressure there!
They tore it up for 10-15 minutes. Byron is a super nice guy as well. Byron sat in for a bit with Brian,Mika and Hale after they finished.

Yes, Byron is a great bass player as well. it is hard to find his ukulele playing, but worth seeking out. Here is a great example of the two of them.

Top Bottom