Straight Tuning Peg Replacement for Kamaka Soprano

I have a set of Schallers I took off a new Bushman soprano, worked OK but made it top heavy, replaced it with a set like were used on 60s Martins much better. It sounds like the wood to barrel surface on the backhas gotten slick

Sometimes a complete disassembly, clean and reassemble will restore function to friction pegs. If you've already tried that and or it didn't/doesn't work, Gotoh UPT planetary geared tuners will save the day.

I have a set of Schallers I took off a new Bushman soprano, worked OK but made it top heavy, replaced it with a set like were used on 60s Martins much better. It sounds like the wood to barrel surface on the backhas gotten slick

Thanks, where did you find the Martin style ones? Any website? Are planetary tuners just interchangeable with the Schaller or other style sideways ones? Just have to make new screw holes for mounting? That's probably hard on the value right?

Sometimes a complete disassembly, clean and reassemble will restore function to friction pegs. If you've already tried that and or it didn't/doesn't work, Gotoh UPT planetary geared tuners will save the day.

Thanks I'll try those suggestions

Last edited:
Looking for replacement keys for these, they just don't hold a key anymore no matter how tight I make them

Any good suggestions on what brand or where to find some?

View attachment 132234
View attachment 132235

Kamaka is selling Gotoh geared tuners that are designed as replacement for their old friction tuners. Just call the factory and see if they have any in stock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom