NUD: Sacco

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This arrived yesterday, after ordering it in July. It was made in Verona, Italy. I saw it reviewed by Barry Maz, and his review persuaded me to buy one.

The one-man company is Antica Ukuleleria, and this model is a Sacco (sack) soprano. The body is jute and resin. The fretboard and bridge are pearwood, and the top is birch. It has an oil finish. If I hold it up to the light, the light shines through the sound hole through the jute body.

It's very smooth and light, and it has a typical soprano sound.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Very nice. I saw someone selling one of these on the Marketplace and it was the actual one BazMaz reviewed. Love the quirky design and the stuff that Marco at Antica Ukuleleria does.

Very nice. I saw someone selling one of these on the Marketplace and it was the actual one BazMaz reviewed. Love the quirky design and the stuff that Marco at Antica Ukuleleria does.

Yes, I saw that. If only he was selling it seven months earlier. :)

If I played soprano I’d seriously consider one of these.

There is a nine part video series about the making of this ukulele. You will appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into every one of these even more after watching.

That's neat, Jerry. I read that he built this model to be very earth friendly....you know, sustainable.

That's really different-looking. Pretty neat. I love really unique ukes.

Just watched the entire video series and it was one of the most interesting things I’ve seen. Very cool instrument!

How does it sound and feel in your hands Jerry. I viewed the video’s and really liked the process. I contacted Marco about and tenor in future but he was wasn’t sure if he had time. A sound sample would be nice. Congratulations!

How does it sound and feel in your hands Jerry. I viewed the video’s and really liked the process. I contacted Marco about and tenor in future but he was wasn’t sure if he had time. A sound sample would be nice. Congratulations!

It feels wonderful - very smooth and curvy, just like... Well, you get the idea. ;)

It sounds like a soprano ukulele - very nice sound. I'll play it for our zoom jam today.

That's neat, Jerry. I read that he built this model to be very earth friendly....you know, sustainable.

Yes, the jute body is certainly sustainable. However, if he keeps cutting down pear trees all over Italy for the fretboard and bridge, I foresee a problem. ;)

Very cool little uke! Those videos are very interesting.

That is so cool. You just want to touch it.

So cute, enjoy!

Top Bottom