VIDEO- How to Glue a Guitar Bridge Tips & Tricks (with a Demo using Hot Hide Glue)

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
VIDEO- How to Glue a Guitar Bridge Tips & Tricks (with a Demo using Hot Hide Glue)

If you enjoyed this video please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to help my channel grow!- Thanks so much.

This video shows all the things I do to glue on a bridge of any shape, for steel string or classical guitar and ukulele. (Video starts after the bridge has been positioned and the finish removed).

Thanks, very informative. I'd love to see the actual routing of the bridge finish, too. That's the daunting part!

I like the tape idea (stole that from you a little while ago).

hahhaa- it's the only way to register! - I do this even if using titebond on a bridge

Thanks, very informative. I'd love to see the actual routing of the bridge finish, too. That's the daunting part!

Thanks- Yes, For my next instrument ill do the missing first part of this video which is the finish removal- which is indeed the daunting part.

hahhaa- it's the only way to register! - I do this even if using titebond on a bridge
Actually, I use the tape just to cleanup. Registering is done as I always have - I drill two 7/16” holes at an angle on each end of the bridge slot, and stick a polyethylene (I think) dowel I get from model aircraft supply, into the two slots for registering. This accomplishes both registering the bridge, and the holes for an LRBaggs Element/Five.0 is already drilled (makes it easy for Andrew’s crew).

I think the key to using tape for registration as shown in the video is how he makes a rather thick and perfectly lined up block of tape by first cutting several layers deep into the tape roll, before peeling it off. I've not had much luck with tape registration, probably due to trying to lay down multiple layers by eye/feel and not getting them lined up. Always a little wiggle, that turns into annoying twist when clamping. I've been using drill bits for registration, but that means you always have holes, which you might not want. I'm going to give Beau's tape block method a go. One thing I've learned from this forum, if he says to do something a certain way, it's definitely worth trying.

Yep- I make my tabs at least 1mm thick- enough to truly butt up against the bridge edge- do it tight on all sides and it doesn't wiggle. I trick i don't mention is if you come in low (close to the top) and push the tape against the bridge it goes in closer to the bridge. If you try to put it "straight down" so to speak it never seems to be as tight.

Top Bottom