Hi!

kristenm

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. Live in LA. Started playing almost exactly a year ago when a friend visited and left her ukulele behind. I had never played an instrument or thought of myself as musical- I'm an artist and designer so had stuck with the visual arts - but I was wanting to try something new and out of my comfort zone so.... a year later, I am in love with it. I start every morning playing. I have done countless YouTube tutorials and a handful of online lessons. I am enjoying branching out from chords to integrating melody. I start with whatever I find online for chord charts and tabs and modify until it sounds right to me. I have been playing mostly songs from 1970's and 80's and old standards. Right now I am practicing "Tiny Dancer" and "When You Wish Upon A Star".... I have 2 concert ukes: the Cynthia Lin Ohana (lower end one) with a low G and I just bought a lovely blue Enya so I could have one with a high G also. :)

Hi Kristenm. Welcome! You have progressed a lot in a year. That's great. Keep on keepin' on! (That's a flashback to 70s slang. Far out man! :) )

It's nice to have a Low and a High G instrument. I have a tenor in both.

Can't wait to see and hear some of the things you have come up with.

Peace.

Welcome to UU, Kristenm!

I agree with Kenn; it's nice to have both a linear and a reentrant uke. You can do so much more!

Welcome to UU....switching back and forth confuses me.....

Welcome Kristenm and a big hello from Chicago! Thanks for the introduction. After a lifetime of playing guitar I prefer the low G. Even my soprano has a low G. :)

Top Bottom