WANTED: Classical or Fingerstyle books

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope this post uploads correctly this time...

I'm interested in exploring classical and/or fingerstyle playing. If you have any of the Tony Mizen books like "From Lute to Uke" that you're looking to rehome, please let me know how much you want with shipping to 94930. I'd also be interested in other titles by other authors. Since messaging seems to be unreliable lately, you can reach me by email at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. Thank you!

Tommy, if you go to the Forum section called “Ukulele Tabs and Chords,” there is a thread (second or third one down) that was started by UU member Putter (Rudi). The post contains a link to his free book ‘50 Classical Themes for Low G’. Lots of good material to get you started. (He has tons of free tabs on his website too - definitely worth checking out.) Best of luck with your fingerstyle journey! It’s a really big - but fun - rabbit hole. :)

And if you want a really deep rabbit hole, here are a few more...

Wow, more great resources, Jan. D. I’m beginning to see what you mean by “the rabbit hole.” (But as the parent of two pet bunnies, I’m ready to dive in!) I appreciate your taking the time to share all of this information. Looks like I’ll be busy for the next, oh, 10 years!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
And if you're new to fingerstyle, I highly recommend Aaron and Nicole Keim's "Fingerstyle Ukulele" which can be found on their website store. Nicole lovingly illustrates every page. https://www.quietamericanmusic.com/storestore

Wow. Thanks Choirguy More great info. I’ve hosted Aaron and his former band, Boulder Acoustic Society, in my home a couple of times in the distant past, so I’ll be eager to check this out.

Top Bottom