Hadean Bass Uke UKBE-22 Long Scale Bass? -Requesting a review

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone owned, or played, the solid body Hadean Bass Uke UKBE(E, or N)-22 Long (23") Scale Bass?

I am seriously considering purchase, but have no way to "test drive" one.

I saw that Kohanmike recently sold one; perhaps he can offer a description of how it felt/played.

-Wiggy

I have 5 of them, and 2 shorter scale. I buy them because the price allows me to make major modifications, and they're built well. The one stumble is the saddle assembly, the volume of one or more strings might not be as loud as the others. It's because there's a design flaw in the saddle, for which I found a fix, but it requires taking apart the saddle assembly, cutting the saddle, then reassemble.

Most people are not willing to do that. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, RondoMusic has a very good return policy. I've seen this problem even with Kala and Gold Tone bass ukes with that saddle. Below are all of mine. I'm actually changing out the entire bridge to a fully adjustable all steel, which is on the yellow Jazz style below.

Ceramic saddle fix.jpg

Hadean Collection.jpg

I'm telling you Mike, if you ever want some extra money, I'm sure you could charge a fair wage to do conversions like that yellow guy :drool:

Intonation? Does neck feel chunky, thin, or OK? Neck dive? (I see you use horn to bottom button for strap) Tuners good enough? Amplified sound and response of tone controls? That kind of stuff...

Old age is forcing me to get away from standard SS basses.

Pre-Thanks!

-Wiggy

Last edited:
Top Bottom