SOTU 470 - Title Sequence

Joko

Reaction score
For the life of me, I swear I remember a week when the theme was "One Word Titles", but perhaps it was just a Season in my Head.... I can't find any trace of that season anywhere, but it was confirmed that it existed by Mr Fergus, so... this one will take that idea up one step...

Your First Entry: An existing original or any cover with a title that is TWO words long...

Your Second Entry, if you so choose: Same as above, but the title of the song needs THREE words (no more or less)

Your Third Entry... FOUR Words... and so on. There is no limit.

Same rules as usual.

If you get to four, people all over the world are making covers of Dust in the Wind by Kansas in solidarity with the people here.

Two Winners -
Winner one is the Seasonista who gets to the longest title. Tie-breaker has been determined. Prize is in USD: number of songs multiplied by a denominator yet to be determined donated to a worthy cause to be named later.

Winner Two - is my subjective decisions for the person who just brings it. $10 donated to a charity of their choice.

I'm putting this up so early as there is a real chance that the powers in charge at the moment will shut off the internet tomorrow. There's a rumor of a scheduled shutdown....

Happy Valentine's Day!

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
i was hoping i might be the first to post on this season.
i love you and miss you Joko.
yeah we've both chased the buzz.
you're going through some hard s** now brother.
stay safe my friend.

Hello, Joko! I have deserted my Season - is this an impeachable offence (ahem?) - to bring you this. I realised that it had to go up now because it is a song about "lurv" and it is Valentine's Day! This has to be the first time ever that a Season has been hosted by someone caught up in the middle of a military coup ... for heaven's sake, stay safe!!!

AND We're off! I dropped in on thje first few entries to add them to the playlist with a full viewing and comments in the morning once the internet gets turned back on. Yes, they've announced that they're going to shut off all ISP's, so not even a VPN will help, in about an hour, lasting until 9 am tomorrow. It's not for maintenance reasons, I don't think, Brian, Wimm, Lil and my old mate Jon, great beginnings!

Here's my little 2-worder "HEY YA"

I researched this song for Yukios bloody season, since it mentions blodstains and must be performed with feeling.
I didnt manage to learn it is time, but I since it has a two word title I can post it for this season - and posting it on Valentines day is kind of more fun :)

Cheers for hosting this one Joko. I never realised how long this Eagles number was so have removed the Intro and missed a couple of verses and It still come out over 3 mins. Anyways here's my TWO WORD choon.

Charlie Poole's Goodbye Booze

Charlie poole.jpg Charlie Poole & The North Carolina Ramblers

Al Kirby, Zeke Mazurek and I had an old timey group a decade or so ago called The North Shore Ramblers. Since we all lived on the north shore of Lake Ontario. We copied our poster from Charlie Poole's with new heads (ours).
North Shore Ramblers2.jpg

Cheers Joko. Hope all is ok in Myanmar- as well as can be expected at present anyway. Spent some time there when it opened up.
Here's one from Ricky Nelson that many of the forum may relate to..being former teen idols themselves:)
Garden Party.

Top Bottom