SOTU 470 - Title Sequence

Really enjoyed learning this! Although I’m not sure I nailed the jazzy whistling.

Last edited:
My 11th contribution with a 12 word title. A Bob Dylan song, It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry, a song that's not about laughing, crying or trains. I only listened to Bob singing it once or twice, so I probably use different changes than he does.

Two I laid down after today’s zoom open mic. The second of which I started mucking about with for Val’s season last week but that I never made time to play until today.

Thanks for hosting Joko. I’m glad you’re ok and that you have had internet at least some of the time.

I wish I could have dropped in on the Open Mic, but it fell during the forbidden hours, when the authorities shut down the internet...

There was violence yesterday all over Mandalay; the number of dead is unconfirmed. I'd like to get out and see what's going on, but I'm playing it safe... So I have absolutely no idea who came up with this English version of Kabar Mapyay Bu... which translates to my 4-word song "We Remember Fallen Heroes"....

I do encourage everyone to sing Dust in the Wind in solidarity with the protesters. Whatever number you're on.

I wish I could have dropped in on the Open Mic, but it fell during the forbidden hours, when the authorities shut down the internet...

There was violence yesterday all over Mandalay; the number of dead is unconfirmed. I'd like to get out and see what's going on, but I'm playing it safe... So I have absolutely no idea who came up with this English version of Kabar Mapyay Bu... which translates to my 4-word song "We Remember Fallen Heroes"....

I do encourage everyone to sing Dust in the Wind in solidarity with the protesters. Whatever number you're on.

https://youtu.be/_vz40Kq2WA0

Third one...

Looks like I won't have time for any more contributions. Welp, my ideas for fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. continue my little number pattern...

I Would Die 4 U - Prince
Old Five and Dimers Like Me - Waylon Jennings
A Dozen Roses and a Six Pack - Cole Swindell
Seven Little Girls (Sitting In The Back Seat) - Paul Evans
etc.

TOday is 22/2/21 - it's the day that the very loosely organized Civil Disobedience Movement has called for nationwide strikes and demonstrations by anyone and everyone. Businesses have shut down for the day. People are waking up to surprisingly working internet and electricity services... and millions prepare to his the streets in protest of the coup and more immediately, the murder of peaceful demonstrators over the weekend by police armed with live ammunition.

Today could be a turning point in this country's history.

Meanwhile. here's 6-word to 9-word titles on ukulele!

The word now is that the internet is about to be shutoff and not come back until noon tomorrow! That's 26-hours from now! If that happens, I won't be able to officially end the Week 7 hours from now... So as per usual, the week ends at midnight Hawaii time (14:00 GST)...

It's already down in Yangon. It may not last more than few more minutes here....

Okay, that's it! Not only did we reach Midnight Hawaii time, but the sun has set on this day in my volatile adopted homeland and I heard no gunshots, explosions or bloodied masses screaming to escape attack... Internet and power stayed on all day. I'll be back soon to announce winners... That will happen before the resolution of the civil situation in Myanmar, that's for sure....

I don't want to make light of this, but some of this conflict is very specifically Burmese... I caught this on a news video and had to share...

[video]https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crn36rWekQ[/video]

Top Bottom