SOTU 470 - Title Sequence

Two word title entry: Les Bouffons, written by Thoinot Arbeau, and published in 1589 in Orchesographie.
I'm using Tony Mizen's tabs from From Lute to Uke, but I picked the baritone uke, so that the tune is back in the original key of D.

Lets begin our commentary of Day One of Week 470 on Day 11 of the protests.

Thanks for the theme Joko! Let's see if anyone gets as far as "It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)".

Anyway, I thought this was a good opportunity to bring some spooky Edgar Allan Poe inspired Lindisfarne. My two word song title is "Lady Eleanor", from their 1970 album "Nicely Out Of Tune".

Last edited:
Bird On The Wire - Leonard Cohen
This is my third offering, hence the four word title; a song from a fellow Canuck.
I dragged out the tiple for this one.

That was fun, let's do another! This is one of my favourite Bob Dylan songs, and it's a fun one to play too. I was going to try a fancy arrangement, but really, it's probably better with just me and a uke.

The hardest thing about doing this song is singing it without slipping into a comedy fake Dylan voice.

I'm usually headless in the vids for two main reasons, first I figure that people would rather see more of my ukulele than my face squinting and gurning whilst trying to scan through the song on the computer (I'm as blind as a bat) and secondly most of my vids are either done in the really early hours or really late hours where I look like a sack of s** ;) Anyways here's the head shot especially for ya Joko......THREEE WORD......

The Enola Gay was a Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber, named after Enola Gay Tibbets, the mother of the pilot, Colonel Paul Tibbets. On 6 August 1945, piloted by Tibbets and Robert A. Lewis during the final stages of World War II, it became the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb. The bomb, code-named "Little Boy", was targeted at the city of Hiroshima, Japan, and caused the near-complete destruction of the city. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (OMD) wrote a song about it in 1980.

Last edited:
I see I'm already a few laps behind the leaders, but here's my starter for two.

This Is slowly turning into a busk-a-thon ......FOUR WORD choon.........

I can see I'm going to have to get a move on if I'm going to keep up with some others! Here's my four word song, a rather strange one from They Might Be Giants:

On Baritone ukulele, with a bit of tenor uke in there too. I clearly need a bit more target practice to hit that B7, but nobody's going to notice if I don't say anything are they? ... oops.

Ah, good, I'm back on.... The forum here frequently tries to tell me I am blacklisted. That happened again this morning...

But now I'm back and ready to be impressed by this next batch..

First, my 3-word entry, my first attempt at doing a song by The Mountain Goats..

Last edited:
*RULE UPDATE*

There was a reason I said "previous originals" were okay.
I know. I'm a jerk, but think about for a second and you'll understand.
First season I can think of where new originals aren't allowed...

Top Bottom