SOTU 470 - Title Sequence

Hello again, Joko ... this is my three-word title submission. As I seem to be stuck in about 1960 this week, I found this song by Anthony Newley, which reached No.1 in the UK charts. Anthony Newley might not be known outside the UK, but he was an actor and singer/songwriter who was, at one time, married to Joan Collins, with whom he had two children. Interestingly, the song was written by Lionel Bart (of "Oliver" fame) and Newley actually played the Artful Dodger in the 1948 David Lean film of Dickens' novel.

For my five word title, here's a Half Man Half Biscuit song on one of the frustrations of everyday life, at least if you're the sort of person whose everyday life involves playng chess on the internet (mine doesn't, but I like the song anyway.)

My 6th entry into this thread with a 7 word title, the old gospel song Just A Little While To Stay Here.

Mahalia Jackson does a wonderful version of this song. It puts my croaky old voice to shame.

Last edited:
My fifth (!), so a six word title. You can tell when I have deadlines coming up because I will do literally anything to avoid doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Anyway, this is Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall, a Simon and Garfunkel song. You can't see it here, because I'm shy and edit my head out, but my lockdown hair is starting to make me look like Art Garfunkel. Sadly that's where the similarities end, but I try anyway :).

Last edited:
My seventh entry into this Season, an eight word title - The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me, written by N. Swanstone, Charles R. McCarron and Carey Morgan

I learned this one from an old Greenbriar Boys LP.

This is a first take, so I may try it again.

I really have little idea what is going on in Myanmar today. Three straight nights of shutting off the internet from 1am to 9am (causing me to cancel my 7:15am class), some demonstrators arrested but nothing massive...
My school is "pausing" classes for the rest of the week.

Another recap video... All in all, I think the freedom of any genre or song with only the title requirement is letting the group play some things they've been really wanting to and so we;re getting some outstanding performances...

Doing my best to at least stay in touch with the leaders!
Love is just a four letter word, but it's also a seven word song title, so that makes it a suitable choice for my sixth contribution. This is a Joan Baez cover. It was written by Bob Dylan, although as far as I know there's no recording of him singing it, not even a bootleg.

I recently saw an interview with Joan Baez on some documentary (I've forgotten which) where she said Dylan heard it and told her it was a pretty good song, having apparently forgotten that he wrote it. I suppose it's easy to forget when you've written as many as he has!

Nine Word. I'm starting to scratch around a bit now so I reckon anymore words are either gonna be weird metal stuff or novelty songs that have long names just for the sake of having long names but hey ya never know.

Last edited:
Here is I think the U2 title with the most word, this is a 9 word title "Stuck in a moment you can't get out off":

I Ain't Got No Home In This World Anymore by Woody Guthrie - a 9 word title for my 10th contribution.

Woody was inspired to write this song after hearing The Carter Family's I Can't Feel At Home In This World Anymore. I intended to do the Carter Family's song, but when I looked it upon YouTube, Woody's came up too, so I decided to do it instead (Same number of words in the title)

First entry two word title Nature Boy big hit for Nat King Cole

sorry Joko - resubmitting my three word song -
felt a bit embarrassed by the version i did of Shannon Lyon's 'cherry tree song'
so i've just recorded another one of his, also a three word title + which i'm happier w/
now - off to hunt down a 7 word song....

Ten Word. I kinda had ten in my head to finish on when I first started so I'm making this my final entry . Cheers Joko :cheers:

Last edited:
I felt too tired to make any videos Monday when I had time, then the last couple days of work really burned me out. I got up early today to make sure I got this one done. This is a song by Telekinesis that I had on my list of possible songs for last week.

Top Bottom