Review: Vorson Plastic Concert Ukulele

Wow, these must have changed a lot. I had one that was hands down the worst uke I’ve ever owned. I wouldn’t even give it away for fear it would frighten people from trying to play ukulele. The neck flexed. The strings were too high to play. Etc. They must be using harder plastic.

Wow, these must have changed a lot. I had one that was hands down the worst uke I’ve ever owned. I wouldn’t even give it away for fear it would frighten people from trying to play ukulele. The neck flexed. The strings were too high to play. Etc. They must be using harder plastic.

As Barry says, you can only review what you have in front of you. Today I swapped the strings for Martin M600s and that helps the instrument a bit more (in my opinion) but the tie bar bridge is a really small piece of plastic it will probably be fine, but it is different.

Maybe they figured out what to do with it (as Kala should do with the Waterman), but the action is good and the tone is better than I would expect.

As ukuleles go, the Enya Nova is far better—but those are more than three times the price of this one.

Does the neck still bend like a built in whammy bar?

Does the neck still bend like a built in whammy bar?

No...it doesn't! Well, it I really leaned on it, it might happen. But not in normal use.

I learned about this from Daniel's "Fun Ukulele Projects" YouTube channel, and he ordered one of the Korala models to compare it. He thinks the Vorson are made of a different material (ABS) vs. the Korala (Polycarbonate). His channel is pretty fascinating. I'll link his videos on this model below.

Top Bottom