For those who like to watch auctions

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
There is an auction at HMS for a Kanile'a super tenor.

I have fun watching the auctions, (never have bid on one), so thought I'd mention it in case anyone else finds them interesting.
No bids yet, though.

Some of those Moore Bettah auctions have been good entertainment, though. :)

Well, it is now up for sale for 12k since there were no bids.

I was wondering about the starting bid being starting above what the Moore Bettah auctions minimum bids were. This one is special because the founder/owner, Joe Souza, built it, but Chuck Moore has a much longer track record and has created the high(est) market based on his limited output and continued results. Now to see how long before this wonderful instrument sells.

New Moore Bettah tenor coming up for auction at HMS in next few days. Here is the video with Corey and Mika:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfIu3HkWY0

It will be an interesting to see after watching this last auction. Mentioned bidding to start at $9500, but unclear if this is accurate.

And the winning bid goes for the price of $15,500. Winning bid was the 44th bid on the item. Final bid looked to raise the amount by about $2k with ten to fifteen minutes left.

It is a beautiful uke and I hope the buyer loves it! (My regret is not buying the used Moore Bettah concert for $8.5k a month ago, lol)

EDIT: After it ticked to zero, more bids came in... now at $18.5 K with 30 seconds left! ... closed now with winning bid to geo*********

EDIT!!!! $20k final bid

Last edited:
Looks like it actually went for $20,000 to Chr

I thought it had ended, but then looked up to see that it had jumped to $20,000.

Looks like it actually went for $20,000 to Chr

I thought it had ended, but then looked up to see that it had jumped to $20,000.

Yep. Fooled me twice (shame on me). But I recall that they use a format (I forget the name) where if a bid comes through in the last two minutes, the clock resets to two minutes so you don't have to try to time it like on eBay. But the clock reached zero both times, but a bid must have come through and they had to manually reset the timer.

Top Bottom