Bean Sprout #5 Maple Concert Banjo Ukulele Banjolele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you a re looking for a high-end, handcrafted, US made banjo ukulele, look no further.
This Bean Sprout concert scale banjo ukulele was hand built by Aaron Keim during the first iteration of the company, in Broomfield, CO. Aaron went on to build ukes for Mya Moe for some time and has since returned to building under his own Bean Sprout label.

This ukulele is very special in that is in #5 from the original Bean Sprout line. Playing this uke, it is easy to see why Mya Moe was anxious to bring Aaron in to build for them . This uke is has tremendous volume and clarity, with great playability up the neck. A fantastic instrument for strumming or frailing, it is equally at home playing a saucy George Formby number or an American traditional tune from Appalachia.
Maple block constriction rim
1-piece maple neck
Ebony fretboard, headstock overlay and heel cap.
Geared planetary banjo tuners
In 2016 Aaron did a full set up on this uke for me.
I have not played a banjo uke that could best this one, and that includes my vintage Gibson UB-2.

This uke is in excellent condition, as you can see from the photos. When I bought this instrument it it did not have a case and I spent some time tracking down an original Bean Sprout banjo ukulele gig bag, which is shown in one of the photos. This bag is exceptionally well padded. I wish more gig bags were made like this.

$850 + $30 shipping & insurance. PRICE LOWERED!!
(Paypal friends and family or buyer pays Paypal fees)
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 01_Bench.jpg
    01_Bench.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 02_Full.jpg
    02_Full.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 03_BackFull.jpg
    03_BackFull.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 04_Heel2.jpg
    04_Heel2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 05_Headstock.jpg
    05_Headstock.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
A few more pics...

Attachments

• 07_label2.jpg
    07_label2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 08_Side.jpg
    08_Side.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 09_Tuners.jpg
    09_Tuners.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 10_IMG_4958.jpg
    10_IMG_4958.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 76
Will knock $50 off the price if you don't want the arm rest.
A new concert from Aaron starts at $1,550.00 + shipping.

Last edited:
Hey, Ernie - did you get that Bean Sprout bag from me? I remember I had one, and someone really wanted to find one, so I sold it for what I paid for it...

-Kurt

Hi I have number #59 consert original beansprout banjo ukulele. I can confirm they are great instruments. I wouldn't want to sell mine. Your going to make Someone very happy. Great instruments

Thanks Funkuku. Yes, listing this one was a tough call, but I'm trying to do a “great purge”, and just keep a small handful of instruments. I don't play banjo uke enough to justify monopolizing such a fine instrument.

Last edited:
Price lowered to $950 + $30 shipping and insurance.
Revised listing- arm rest removed
New pics!

Attachments

• IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5187.jpg
    IMG_5187.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5258.jpg
    IMG_5258.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5255.jpg
    IMG_5255.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24
I really wish I could afford this little guy. I put the same armrest on my cheap banjouke, I can't imagine being without it now!

Nickie, I agree! I love the armrest, but I started to think it might be dissuading potential buyers, since it was non-original, so I took it off. It’s made from really pretty maple!

PRICE LOWERED AGAIN!
Now only $850 + shipping- a $200 drop from the original post!
(I’d give it away, but my wife won’t let me).
Don’t let this rare honey slip away! A new concert Bean Sprout from Aaron starts at $1,550 + shipping, and a real skin head adds $100 more.

Last edited:
What a deal. I'd grab it if I still had a job.

Oh, jeez... You too?

I just got rehired after 5 months, but have to pay off all the new credit card debt...

At least I've had my first shot, so maybe I can start playing in actual groups again!

-Kurt

(I can't afford the bean Sprout, either...)

Oh, jeez... You too?

I just got rehired after 5 months, but have to pay off all the new credit card debt...

At least I've had my first shot, so maybe I can start playing in actual groups again!

-Kurt

I am considering myself semi-retired for now. :p

This has been a heck of a year. Ksiegel- congrats on getting called back! Martinlover, I hope things turn around for you soon (or that you enjoy semi-retirement... whichever you hope for most)!8^)

Oh, jeez... You too?

-Kurt

Wait for at least 10 days after your second shot to hang out with friends and jam. You have 10 weeks after the 1st shot to get the 2nd one, but don't delay past that.
Then gig or jam without fear!
How do I know? I'm one of the nurses administering doses.

Wait for at least 10 days after your second shot to hang out with friends and jam. You have 10 weeks after the 1st shot to get the 2nd one, but don't delay past that.

FEMA set us up for 3 weeks until the 2nd dose, and we plan on isolating for 2 full weeks after that.

Just waiting until the Farmers' Markets are allowed to have Live Music again...

NOW SOMEBODY BUY THAT BEANSPROUT!!!!!!

Here in Ontario, Canada, the 2nd shot has been stretched to 4 months after the first shot. Wondering how effective is that?

I read an article saying the UK has been prioritized getting everyone the first shot, even when it meant going months between doses. Their infection rates were down 90% under that strategy at the time the article went to press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom