Clear Hard Case: first pic

nukunuku

Reaction score
Loving the just-released concert clear hard case from Leolani! Seeing my ukulele makes me want to play.

The window is acrylic. The padding is plush. There is a storage compartment inside, at the base of the neck.

I wouldn't travel with this, as acrylic can be prone to scratches. However, this case is perfect for keeping my uke visible, humidified, and safe from small humans at home.

IMG_6822.jpg
IMG_6823.jpg
IMG_6824.jpg

Loving the just-released concert clear hard case from Leolani! Seeing my ukulele makes me want to play.

The window is acrylic. The padding is plush. There is a storage compartment inside, at the base of the neck.

I wouldn't travel with this, as acrylic can be prone to scratches. However, this case is perfect for keeping my uke visible, humidified, and safe from small humans at home.

View attachment 132390
View attachment 132391
View attachment 132392

There was a Chinese uke that came in a transparent case. I had one, but I returned it because it had an electric component, but it would not turn on. Someone will remember the brand. Enya?

That looks like a fairly simple project. My only concern would be the top of the uke hitting the plexiglass Maybe the cushioning around the edge would prevent that. This would be a good project for one of those canvass hard cases - the kind with the zipper.

It's a very firm fit. The uke pushes against the padding and does not budge at all. It does not hit against the window when moving around. To me, this is a well-executed at-home solution. I don't travel with my uke, so I can't fully speak to on-the-road protection. If there are other similar options, I'd be interested in seeing them!

Last edited:
I think my KoAloha Silver Anniversary red Label has the same case!

Jerry, are you referring to the overpriced Lava ukulele?

Just watched Lord of the Rings: Two Towers last night and this reminds me of the faces in the bog. It's kinda creepy looking!

Your uke looks nice in it. Great idea.

Jerry, are you referring to the overpriced Lava ukulele?
I think you are right that he was referring to the “space case” that came with the Lava. However, I don’t think the space case is quite comparable because it does not fit standard instruments and is not sold separately. Also the leolani case has a less gaudy design, relying on beefy buckles rather than magnetic closure.

Top Bottom