View Poll Results: Are your Seasons videos public on Youtube?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Public most times or always

8 66.67%
  • I use both settings regularly

3 25.00%
  • Unlisted most times or always

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unlisted or public?

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Mine are public. I'm not too bothered about any non-UU people stumbling over them, and I have had some fun from the random comments which appear years after I have posted something.
    The only annoying thing is when I get asked what chords and strum pattern I'm using for a video from three years ago that I played once for the seasons and never again.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

I'm not/seldom posting videos any more, but I didn't worry about it really, if they see how bad I was/am, it's up to them to pass by to something else.

I did leave all my original learning stuff up, so that other beginners didn't feel so bad at posting their attempts online....

(One day I may take a look at removing it all, as I'm not really interested in it being online any more.)
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Like Steve, I'm not too bothered; my videos have always been public and I've got past the point of caring about how many subscribers I have. I'm only in this for fun.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    The only annoying thing is when I get asked what chords and strum pattern I'm using for a video from three years ago that I played once for the seasons and never again.
    Oh yes, "what is the strum pattern for this?" is a regular, to which I reply "I don't do strum patterns, I just strum"
    I prefer things like the angry Russian who told me I was pronouncing "Babooshka" wrong (don't blame me, blame Kate Bush), and the person who said that "Three old ladies locked in the lavatory" would be sad if you had lost a relative in these circumstances. I really didn't know how to respond to that one.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Oh yes, "what is the strum pattern for this?" is a regular, to which I reply "I don't do strum patterns, I just strum"
    I prefer things like the angry Russian who told me I was pronouncing "Babooshka" wrong (don't blame me, blame Kate Bush), and the person who said that "Three old ladies locked in the lavatory" would be sad if you had lost a relative in these circumstances. I really didn't know how to respond to that one.
    Ha! Ha! I love that lavatory comment ... and how DO you pronounce "Babooshka", other than "Babooshka?"
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

All are public and I look forward to a time when my grandchildren and beyond can see their funny, goofy, talented relative!
    I’ve got some pretty goofy things out there, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Ha! Ha! I love that lavatory comment ... and how DO you pronounce "Babooshka", other than "Babooshka?"
    Maybe babushka as in Kate Bush (heh)

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    According to my Russian critic, the emphasis should be on the BA, rather than the boosh. He said the latter shows a lack of respect for the language. My wrist had been well and truly slapped-ski.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

According to my Russian critic, the emphasis should be on the BA, rather than the boosh. He said the latter shows a lack of respect for the language. My wrist had been well and truly slapped-ski.
    Well I'm sorry but the lyric simply wouldn't scan that way, showing a lack of respect for Kate Bush

Facebook

YouTube

given the number of views i receive, public or unlisted is utterly irrelevant.
    why would you bother to record and share a song if you don't want to publicize it?
    especially when no-0ne listens to it anyway?
    to me, this a a conversation about whether
    i should take one or two movicol sachets when i'm constipated.

Thread Information