Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Want One Of These! All Out Of Stock!

Exclamation I Want One Of These! All Out Of Stock!

I really want one of these electric solid body uku ... but they are all out of stock EVERYWHERE!

Vorson FLPUK-2 Flame Maple Electric Ukulele (with Gig Bag)

https://www.zzounds.com/item--VORFLPUK2FM

They have been waiting since Christmas for more! They come from overseas and they don't know when they will get more. He said they were very popular.

it it a steel string?
    Too chicken to install strap buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by spirittoo View Post
    I really want one of these electric solid body uku ... but they are all out of stock EVERYWHERE!

Vorson FLPUK-2 Flame Maple Electric Ukulele (with Gig Bag)

https://www.zzounds.com/item--VORFLPUK2FM

They have been waiting since Christmas for more! They come from overseas and they don't know when they will get more. He said they were very popular.
    Odd...does it say out of stock when you try and actually purchase? I was able to put one in my shopping cart.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoCat View Post
    Odd...does it say out of stock when you try and actually purchase? I was able to put one in my shopping cart.
    When you go to the cart, it does say "on backorder"
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

So get a Risa or a Flight???.......but if the Vorson is what you want.....put your money in a safe place and when you see them available.....jump on it........I'd likely get the Risa or more likely the Flight....sure more money but it's the quality/cost/performance equation that is always hard to balance.

Never heard of Risa or Flight ...what are they? Like the one I want? You have a link for them?

Wellsir ... I did a search for the Risa of Flight ... they didn't have anything like the one I want plus they don't seem to sell them in the US and they are much more expensive.

Mim (https://mimsukes.com) has a Risa in stock. Many times more expensive than the Vorson, and I wouldn't expect anybody to seriously cross-shop them. Mim carries Flight as well and will likely get the solid bodies in when she can.

BazMaz has reviews of all three on https://gotaukulele.com
    You may need to search on Clearwater instead of Vorson - same thing, different name on each side of the pond.

Spiritoo, have you checked American Music Supply?
    https://www.americanmusical.com/vors...p/VOR-FLPUK2QM

I have one, and have fun with it. I replaced the strings with the thickest four strings from a guitar, and tuned it DGBE like a baritone ukulele. Mine is fine, but some members here were not at all happy with theirs. Hence, the recommendations to spend more on a Risa.

The gig bag is, honestly, a dust cover. The jack is cheaply made, but is easily replaced. The pickups are also cheap. I believe part of the fun of an electric guitar/ukulele is customizing it to your taste.
    Last edited by Futurethink; 02-19-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futurethink View Post
    Spiritoo, have you checked American Music Supply?.
    That one shows, "Notify Me" which means they're not in stock.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thread Information