A cup.

I like coffee, I like tea.
I love the Java Jive, and
It likes me.
Coffee, tea, the java and me -
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup,
A cup.

Manhattan Transfer

We once went to the ones Beach Marine Theater to see them perform, and many of the people in the audience were made up to look like them. Unfortunately, not enough tickets were sold, and it was canceled.

Manhattan Transfer

We once went to the ones Beach Marine Theater to see them perform, and many of the people in the audience were made up to look like them. Unfortunately, not enough tickets were sold, and it was canceled.

Actually, the first time I heard the song was in a very old, fairly racist (although as a child I didn't know it) Popeye cartoon. The next recording - and the best, in my mind - was The Mills Brothers.

I remember going to a very poorly promoted concert by The Chenille Sisters out in the Bay Area; I bought a block of 10 tickets for my wife and our friends - there were 4 other paying customers. They offered to refund our tickets, and have the concert anyway, but I insisted that they keep the money, and everyone in the audience bought a lot of swag. The best part was spending 45 minutes just chatting with them.

I bought a block of 10 tickets for my wife and our friends - there were 4 other paying customers. They offered to refund our tickets, and have the concert anyway, but I insisted that they keep the money, and everyone in the audience bought a lot of swag. The best part was spending 45 minutes just chatting with them.

Another Jones Beach story - I bought a pair of shoes at Thom McAn, and I got a pair of tickets to the Jones Beach Theater. I brought my girlfriend, and our seats were in the last row, way at the top. There were half a dozen other people up there, and I commented, "I guess we all bought new shoes." ;)

Over the years I've graduated from being a predominantly tea drinker to drinking mainly coffee. I still have my cup of tea first thing in the morning after waking up though. Making tea in years gone by was a sort of ritual. The kettle had to be poured into the teapot (previously warmed of course), and right at the point of boiling. Then a quick stir and an allowance of time for brewing depending on your liking of what strength you prefer. Always pour the milk in first and then a tea strainer placed over the tea cup (not mug). The first pour was always desirable when pouring more than one cup. Now it's a tea bag in a mug which is quickly attacked by a spoon to squash out the tea, and then the milk. Not quite the same.

But drinking coffee is now a real experience and has progressed from a mug of instant to buying my coffee beans raw and home roasting to my own preferred recipe I remade from the one from perfectbrew.

I have something similar. I used to like green tea. But now, I can't imagine my life without an extra hot cup of coffee before the working day. It gives me some positive vibes and energy for the whole day.

When was working I would put on a pot of Folgers when I got into the office and drink most of the pot myself in an eight hour shift. Once in a while someone would come in and help themselves to a cup, but most of the time it was all me. It was causing me problems by the end and when I retired I cut it down to a cup with breakfast and one after lunch. My wife is a coffee snob and broke me of Folgers. She is also a wine snob and a tea snob. She drinks tea in the evening. I tried, but I just don't get anything out of tea. It all tastes like tepid water to me. I'm usually a mixed drink kind of guy in the evening.

Last edited:
Usually tea, but sometimes I can take a cup of coffee. But not more than one in a day!

Caffeine and I never agree for longer periods, so even though I miss the "kick" from real coffee and green/black tea, I drink caffeine-free teas like herbal and roiboos teas and lately ersatz coffees like lupines coffee and chicory coffee. They don't give a boost, but I've noticed that my energy levels are much more even without the caffeine intake. (I do take L-theanine capsules, which is basically the stuff that makes green tea healthy, minus the caffeine.)

I don't know what to choose :) I like tea and drink at least three cups a day. But I can't imagine my morning without coffee with sugar and milk :)

I really like coffee, but don't drink it too much. I also like tea, but it's not so "interesting" like coffee. You know, the process, the smell, the full-blown drink. What you'll suggest to try to replace coffee with?

As a caffeine-addicted person, I'd like to say that I can't imagine my whole day(mornings especially) without a cup of good home-brewed coffee. Rumors said that you should spend a lot of money on expensive coffee machines and equipment, but they forgot that it starts from good water, favorite roasted beans(I prefer Jamaican blue mountain brands(list of) - they really affect me), and your good mood. That's the perfect recipe!

When was working I would put on a pot of Folgers when I got into the office and drink most of the pot myself in an eight hour shift. Once in a while someone would come in and help themselves to a cup, but most of the time it was all me. It was causing me problems by the end and when I retired I cut it down to a cup with breakfast and one after lunch. My wife is a coffee snob and broke me of Folgers. She is also a wine snob and a tea snob. She drinks tea in the evening. I tried, but I just don't get anything out of tea. It all tastes like tepid water to me. I'm usually a mixed drink kind of guy in the evening.
Since I wrote this in March I've stopped drinking coffee and gone to tea. My brother has been a tea drinker for years and coffee was rotting my gut. He found a green tea for me that I like. Still, like a lot of things one drinks, it is an acquired taste. But I'm a tea drinker now.

Been many years,
but wasn’t Folgers commercial
BLINK A BLINK A BLINK BLINK
A BLINK A BLINK BLINK
With a shiny stainless steel percolator, happily percolating away
??

Coffee but I'm not fussy. Anything sugary and, for mornings, caffeinated will do. I love hot chocolate, too.

I used to be a caffeine addict and had serious problems as a result. Trying to live caffeine-free is difficult. I find that, provided I don't have a cup of tea or coffee on consecutive days, my system can cope. Fortunately, my local tap water is very palatable.

I don't mind drinking tea, but I can't stand drinking coffee. Water is preferable to coffee any time for me; but sometimes I like a good cup of tea over water.

Top Bottom