Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tea or coffee? What do you prefer?

On work days early in the mornings tea from a tea bag does the job. On leisurely weekend morning I will enjoy fresh hand ground and French pressed coffee. In the evenings I sometimes drink whole leaf or green teas.

A Hawaiian roast K-cup, black no sugar in the morning and a Korean roasted barley tea in the evening for me.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

I drink black coffee in the morning, green tea in the afternoon, and sparkling water in the evening. Guess that makes me a heavy drinker!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Growing up in Nova Scotia, I learned to drink tea at an early age, and just never stopped. Coffee doesn’t appeal to me. Never has. And I don’t like chocolate either. Color me weird. :-)
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

Definitely a tea drinker too. I brew mine in a pot as well like OP. Sometimes some brown sugar in, occasionally some almond milk (it doesn't cut tannins the way regular milk does though).
    I have a ridiculous number of teas I kind of rotate through.
    Like one of the posters, I switch to sparkling or regular water later in the afternoon/evening or I don't sleep well.
    Love the smell of coffee, but never got a taste for it.

Coffee for me. I nerd out on weighing the beans, using a conical burr grinder, 200 degree coffee maker or weighing the water into a drip brew and pre-infusing. Working from home, I'm now weighing the amount of milk and preheating it too so it's not too diluted/cooled. It's hard to find a decent decaf, so lately I have a cup of herbal tea in the evening.

The biggest "ah-ha" moment I had was when I realized what a huge difference it makes after cleaning the carafe/filter basket/grinder. Straight from bitter to oh-so-smooth.
    Glenn

I'm a coffee drinker, don't like anything fancy, but I do cold brew. I do drink Throat Coat tea when I sing.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

One quart of Dark Colombian throughout the morning and then done for the day. The rare sore throat may get some tea with honey and lemon in addition to my morning coffee fix.

This followup post includes a statement about bodily functions, stop here if it will make you uncomfortable. After never drinking coffee, then doing so last week, I began having incontinence in the middle of the night. I found this online:

"Caffeine irritates the bladder and can make incontinence worse, carbonated drinks, tea, green tea, energy drinks and hot chocolate will also contain caffeine. Coffee has the biggest effect, so stop drinking it, or switch to decaffeinated coffee, and/or replace them with water and herbal or fruit teas."

Going to stick to decaf and see what happens.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 02-21-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Lifelong tea drinker. black tea until about 3 pm. If loose tea, then Earl Grey from Full Leaf Tea Co. If teabags (usually when at work), then Tetley British Blend.

Then, I switch to a loose leaf infusion from Full Leaf Tea Co. of organic blood orange rooibos and drink that until bedtime.

Never use milk in tea, mostly because I hate milk. I use saccharine to sweeten. I live with a diabetic and now I prefer it to sugar or honey, which I used to use.
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Shima, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Vorson, Drewek, Zither Heaven, First Act

Thread Information