Season 471 - Click and wind on

Ahoy-hoy
As I understand it then the Canon Sure Shot 35mm camera is what this song was named after... (according to the internet)
I really like trying to play these songs that I have been singing/rapping along to since my teenage years.

Last edited:
Most of you probably know I consider myself a strictly rhythm ukulele-ist, so it should say a lot that I've worn holes in my fretting fingers trying to get this lead line into any sort of shareable form. It's just that important to this song.

I think I would like to try and play it in G, but that would mean re-stringing one of my ukes with a low-G string, and they both have pretty fresh traditional tuning set ups right now. So I guess it will just have to wait.

Also, wow, can you tell I was wearing a touque all morning instead of turning the heat on (I have the windows open now, seemed senseless to turn it on for a few hours just to let it back out again)?

Thanks for hosting Steve.

Well, here is my current (and also old) camera kit.

View attachment 132467

Back row - Rolleicord (early 60s), a tiny Box Tengor (1937-ish), Agfa Isolette II (probably mid-50s)
Front row - Kiev 4a (1968), Olympus XA4 (1980s), Contax IIa (1951-ish)

All in good working order, and perched on a my desert island photographic book selection.
oooh lovely stuff! super range of cameras and photography eras there.

This is a Joan Osborne song in which she looks for the father she only knows from an old photograph. I've always thought this song was a great piece of lyric writing, because it paints a very vivid picture with a minimum of words.

From the great Steely Dan, this one is of their finest creations.

After a couple of relatively busy days, I have had a chance to go through the overnight & today entries, and the standards definitely aren't slipping. Incase anyone needs a nudge in the right direction, there are a few titles which I have thought of which haven't shown up yet-
Girls on film (Duran Duran)
My camera never lies (Bucks Fizz)
Dirty Pictures (Radio Stars)
Pictures of Lily and/or Matchstick men

Keep 'em coming...

After a couple of relatively busy days, I have had a chance to go through the overnight & today entries, and the standards definitely aren't slipping. Incase anyone needs a nudge in the right direction, there are a few titles which I have thought of which haven't shown up yet-

Keep 'em coming...

There's also 'Resolution' by the Beatles and let's not forget that Johann Pachelbel was so Impressed with his camera that he composed 'Canon'

Keep 'em coming...

Also Photograph by Def Leppard.

my favorite picture of you is such a good song Jim - could not comment on yt - i covered it for a previous season

purely coincidentally a friend showed me the camera out his iPhone 6
i took a photo of it with my phone
is it still a photo if it only exists digitally?
the sunglasses are for a size reference
IMG20210225070902.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again, Steve! This is an experiment ... or it could just be weird (it's not the sort of thing I normally do!) Finding old photos of long-forgotten people in charity shops has always saddened me ... no one knows them any more, although, like us, they inhabited the Earth for a while; even their own families have cast them aside - they no longer know who they are, so they've been consigned to the bin. Now, in this digital age, people are, apparently, taking more photos than ever before - case in point, I don't even know how the photos I used here came to be taken - but they rarely get beyond our phones and computers (I can't remember the last time that I looked at a "hard copy.") And, apparently the way we choose to store these digital images is no guarantee of permanence ... they have, perhaps, a life expectancy of ten to twenty years. (Will we be handing memory sticks on to our children, rather than photo albums to remember us by?) In this effort to conjure up an image of the transience of .... everything, I used baritone and tenor ukes, a drone-y melodica thingy, and a shutter click.

Last edited:
My third and final. If........a picture paints a thousand words....

OK here goes. My first seasons post.

Posting this goes against every instinct in me. I play instruments in public all the time and gotten over most of the stage fright.
Singing on the other hand... terrifies me to sing in public.

First song I thought of was when I read the topic was "Freeze Frame", and that has been covered here (Very well!)

Then I thought, hm maybe I'll write something. What is important for photographers. Looking at a loved one through special light. Maybe the Golden Hour?
Perhaps the singer sees a loved one as if it's always the golden hour. Then I googled to see if there was already a song about that....

Turns out there is, so here I will try it.
please forgive the singing. Also I could not get the video clip for the trumpet to line up with the audio for some reason, but it's 3:00 AM here, and I am done with trying.

Ahoy everybody.
I remembered a Beck song that mentiones a camera - which means I feel compelled to cover it

Top Bottom