Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 471 - Click and wind on

Here's an ukulele arrangement of Brian Keane's "Ansel's Theme" from the soundtrack to the PBS documentary about the photographer Ansel Adams. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...e/films/ansel/

For tenor ukulele, with overdubs of Ashbory Ubass and melody tenor ukulele, which we hear processed with the ElectroHarmonix Mel9 mellotron pedal.

Thanks for hosting, Steve!

The end of day one (in this time zone, at least), and nine entries from nine Seasonistas - a wonderful start. How some of you manage to do a multi-tracked entry on day one is beyond me. It normally takes me until Monday to pick a song, let alone record it perfectly five times.

Anyway, thanks all.

Oh, did I mention there's a prize? Well, there is. And the winner will be picked at random, because I hate having to choose a favourite. All the more reason to focus on getting an entry in. Don't be negative. (See what I did there?)
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Yates View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if there is anything more thrilling than ukuleles, surely it has to be cameras?! i hope more people share pics of their old or indeed current camera kit!

ok here is a homemade song for the season, about painting from a photograph, it's not as good/fun/rainy as painting outside, but then again i can't remember the last time i had to grab my art stuff and make a quick escape from an alarmingly boisterous swarm of bees, indoors...

lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's bent coppers.

This is a song by Lake Street Dive. Really, it was too much song for my vocal cords to cash, but c'est la vie.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    Hurrah - I feel some Depeche Mode coming on! Cheers Steve!
    And here it is:

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

thank you for this week Steve.
    an original song for the season.
    (just re-done w/ a couple of subtle add-ons)
    Last edited by mountain goat; 02-21-2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: new recording

one from fellow ukulele aficionado Joe Brown

This one is multiple layers of problematic nowadays but it's still damn catchy and fun, if a little tricky to play

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Cheers for hosting this one Steve. Here's a bash at 'Zoom' by Fat Larry's Band ........

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if there is anything more thrilling than ukuleles, surely it has to be cameras?! i hope more people share pics of their old or indeed current camera kit!
    Well, here is my current (and also old) camera kit.

IMG_20210222_125206340.jpg

Back row - Rolleicord (early 60s), a tiny Box Tengor (1937-ish), Agfa Isolette II (probably mid-50s)
    Front row - Kiev 4a (1968), Olympus XA4 (1980s), Contax IIa (1951-ish)

All in good working order, and perched on a my desert island photographic book selection.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Thread Information