Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 471 - Click and wind on

Nice camera collection, Steve! My husband has an old Rolleiflex. I think they're lovely to look at as well as to use. Anyway, this is my first effort for the week ... a song from 1929, which was actually the first song I thought of when I saw your theme (I must be SO old!) The handsome chap in the photos is John Gilbert, who was unable to make the transition to "Talkies" because he had a squeaky little voice, completely at odds with his screen persona.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Cameras are all packed away again, so it's out with the uke, and this one from Blondie.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I'm never really sure how tenuous a link I can get away with, but here's one that mentions a barber showing photographs in line one, so let's see if that works. Mind, I suspect no barber would want to show off a photo of my head right now.

I don't think I've tried doing a Beatles song before. I didn't have a piccolo trumpet handy, and it's not as if I could play it anyway, so instead I've added a bit of rudimentary tuneless recorder at the end.

I've reorganised my "lab" a bit, and I thought I'd see what would happen if I tried playing while standing up. I think the most obvious effect is that you can't hear the squeaky chair on percussion any more.
    - Edwin

I think that makes 17 songs from 15 Seasonistas, pretty good going in 36 hours. At the start I had a small list of songs in my head which I was expecting, and I think they have all been done except one (which I did at the Saturday zoom session, so anyone there knows which one). But I have also been impressed by your song-hunting skills, finding photo related references in all sorts of songs I had not thought of.

Looking forward to being exposed to many many more...

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I’m surprised this wasn’t done earlier. Was this from the open mic, Steve?

Anyway, George and Ringo did some fine collaborations without the other lads.

The site truncates my signature so I can't tell you

Natalie Wood by Peterborough, Ontario singer/songwriter Cris Cuddy

"Got a picture of a girl, never gonna fall for me."

Natalie Wood.jpg

Natalie Wood & Steve Mcqueen.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 02-24-2021 at 12:23 PM.

used my phone to take a photo of my dad's old Diax camera
    IMG20210223201707.jpg
    it probably took this photo
    IMG_0698.jpg
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 02-22-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    used my phone to take a photo of my dad's old Diax camera
    IMG20210223201707.jpg
    Don't think I have seen one of these before, but I found lots of info on them here. Yours is about 70 years old. Dare I ask when it last had a film in it?

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Don't think I have seen one of these before, but I found lots of info on them here. Yours is about 70 years old. Dare I ask when it last had a film in it?
    i'd say it would have been the late 60's early 70's
    i may have used it when i did some developing and processing (enlarging and printing) with dad's help when in high school
    dad's looks like a Diax I from that information
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 02-22-2021 at 11:51 PM.

My third and last for the week. Liz has already posted a great version of this, but she encouraged others to do it anyway in the youtube comments! So I have had a go:

The first verse felt odd to sing, what with me working in education and all that, so I promise I don't really mean it .
    - Edwin

Thread Information