Season 471 - Click and wind on

OK here goes. My first seasons post.

Posting this goes against every instinct in me. I play instruments in public all the time and gotten over most of the stage fright.
Singing on the other hand... terrifies me to sing in public.

First song I thought of was when I read the topic was "Freeze Frame", and that has been covered here (Very well!)

Then I thought, hm maybe I'll write something. What is important for photographers. Looking at a loved one through special light. Maybe the Golden Hour?
Perhaps the singer sees a loved one as if it's always the golden hour. Then I googled to see if there was already a song about that....

Turns out there is, so here I will try it.
please forgive the singing. Also I could not get the video clip for the trumpet to line up with the audio for some reason, but it's 3:00 AM here, and I am done with trying.

Very nice song Gerald and welcome to the seasons.
You set the video as 'made for kids'. That means that the videos can't be: saved to playlists, saved to watch later, played minimized, commented on, etc.
Regarding comments then you can disable them in other ways.
Just wanted to let you know.
Regards
Loftur

Thanks for the tip Loftur. I changed the "made for kids" setting.
I'd assumed that setting meant there was no reason for kids to not see the video.

Gerald

A little Tom Waits for you this morning.....

I'm hoping I've guessed correctly what this is going to be, but, alas, it's currently set to private... I'm looking forward to finding out what it is whether I'm right or not though :).

I'm hoping I've guessed correctly what this is going to be, but, alas, it's currently set to private... I'm looking forward to finding out what it is whether I'm right or not though :).

Why do I get the feeling it is the same one I am working on...

SOTU 471 - "Videotape" - An ode to a largely obsolete medium written by one of my musical heroes, the late great Steve Goodman ("City of New Orleans") in 1976. I understand there is a song by Radiohead by the same name - guess I'll have to check it out.

Thirty two and counting, and today's haul includes a debut from Gerald - welcome!

Also, the Tom Waits song which I heard yesterday, and which made me think "why hasn't that one been done...", has appeared, and might appear again.

Val raises a very good point, about the fleeting nature of digital photos. Will the photos we take on our phones today still be around in 100 years time, like the family albums and shoeboxes I have going back to the late 1800s? Or will Google/Apple price our grandchilden out of seeing them, even if their servers are still operating, and the passwords have been handed down?

Last edited:

This was not very creative of me - I just copied a version I found online but it was pretty difficult to sing and maintain that strumming pattern!

Testing - testing
I get this on my account - is this an account or a device issue?
Screenshot_20210225-202400_Firefox.jpg
P.s. I have no idea why I am forbidden and blacklisted

I don't think this one has been mentioned yet.
From the 1963 musical "Half A Sixpence" .
Tommy Steele's "Flash, Bang,Wallop".

Testing - testing
I get this on my account - is this an account or a device issue?
View attachment 132546
P.s. I have no idea why I am forbidden and blacklisted

Caz, I think Joko has been getting this same message off an on for at least a few weeks. Prior to the gov shut offs of internet at least. I think we decided in one of the Saturday Zoom calls that it is the forum showing its age.

i wonder if someone might be interested to play this beautiful Loudon Wainwright song?

i wonder if someone might be interested to play this beautiful Loudon Wainwright song?

If you listened to Loudon's second song, Men, and, especially if you are also a guitar player, you may have noticed that he used a Shubb capo to cover the first five strings at the second fret, making the tuning EBEAC#F#. He then uses D shapes which sound as E shapes and allows him to play the 6th string open, similar to drop D tuning.
My apologies to anyone who wants to stick to ukulele topics.

Yeah, I've been getting that blacklisted message at least twice a month for the last three months. I don't do anything now to remedy it (other than moan about it in SOTU Facebook group); it clears up on its own.

A goal for tonight is to wrap up Season 470.

Here's my entry.

Top Bottom