Vorson electric GCEA strings

Reaction score
I'm a novice and play GCEA tuning on my concert Fender.
Just got a Vorson electric and am loving it, but I want to replace the factory strings with some D'addarios.
Zzsounds sold me a pack they recommended for the Vorson but I am a bit confused by the sizes they sent me.
.011, .016, .009, and .011...

On my concert uke the G and A strings are the same guages... But with what they sent me should I be using this setup: G .011, C .016, E .011, A .009

Thank you for your help!

should I be using this setup: G .011, C .016, E .011, A .009!

Yes, that makes more sense. They are standard electric guitar strings so you are free to experiment to find sizes and tensions you like. If you do low G, you can use the top 4 strings of almost any electric set. For high g, you may have to use multiple packs or buy some singles to get the gauges you want

Yes, that makes more sense. They are standard electric guitar strings so you are free to experiment to find sizes and tensions you like. If you do low G, you can use the top 4 strings of almost any electric set. For high g, you may have to use multiple packs or buy some singles to get the gauges you want
That’s what I did with my electric steel string used the top four strings of an extra light electric guitar set, if you want a high G you’ll have to buy a single for the G

Is this the solid body uku? Where did you get it from? All the places I looked for it, it was out of stock.

Yeah, the d'addario strings really made a huge difference, the factory strings were really flat.
I found mine used on Guitar Center website used for $85 a few weeks ago. Still on the zzsounds backorder list waiting for the one I ordered in November.

Top Bottom