Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post and share about your pedal boards you use with your ukulele's.

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Well I decided to rearrange the board again today. Soul Food before the Blues Mood. I really do like the Soul Food.

As I listen and learn for me I think an Overdrive---> Something like a LR Braggs Venue DI Or the Zoom AC 3------> Compressor/other (if needed) ----> Chorus/Multi-----> Delay-----> Reverb and that is about all I would really need for a long time.

Depending up what combination one chooses a pedal or two more or pedal or two less. Such as the LR Braggs does not have some features that the AC 3 has but the with the AC 3 some features cannot be used at the same time. In the middle section of the AC 3 one can only one run feature/effect at a time. Thus some might want other pedals patched in to have the features/effect they do what access to.

I know there are loopers and all sorts of other effects out there and even with 5 or 6 pedals one can get a wide range of features. But with the basics one can do a lot.
    Last edited by mjh42; 03-13-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Today's changes. So the Fuzz was not a keeper. I really like the Soul Food but the Holy Grail was ho hum. And the stompbox was big. So I'm been doing research on reverb. I'm thinking I could trade in the Fuzz and the Turnip Greens for just a single pedal Soul Food and a reverb pedal. I've kind of got the reverb down to a MXR M 300 and Boss reverb or an Oceans 11. I go on line and the local Guitar Center has a Soul Food and an MXR in stock. So I box up the Turnip Greens the Fuzz in already boxed up and off to the shop. An hour and a half latter ready to play some music.
    IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2932 (1).jpg

Well here's today's change. I like the ZOOM AC 3 but I wanted to be able to have chorus, delay and reverb all separate controls/adjustments. I was also thinking the AC 3 was clouding the ukulele sound a bit. I usually had the input settings on nylon and piezo. I tried other input settings for the instrument--did like the resonator setting--but again all the input settings make a slightly different sound than just putting the ukulele straight into the amp.

Working with the Fishman ToneDEQ the input sound and the output sound were much closer to just the uke and amp. I like that so far.

I'm thinking the AC 3 effects might but just a little bit better but I need more time to decide. Don't really use delay that much, chorus a little. I'll work with the ToneDEQ before I make a final judgement.

The MXR Reverb is giving me all I want and them some.....good buy there.

And the Soul Food still is doing it's job when I want it.

The Echo Delay and the Blues Mood are in their boxes. I may keep them a bit, trade or sell--who knows.

Maybe I should have just picked single pedals for the effect I'm looking for or just bought a T Rex Soulmate acoustic and an overdrive pedal and called it good.

Well it is fun to experiment, test, learn....find that groove.

IMG_2930.jpg
    Last edited by mjh42; 03-31-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh42 View Post

it is fun to experiment, test, learn....find that groove.
    That's what it's all about!

Pedal Board 4-10-21.jpg

Well the polytune3 arrived today. I've been playing on and off this pm. The SF was giving me some popping issues when I pushed it to on and researching online it seems this can be an issue. With the polytune in buffered mode this seems to have gone away. (The popping actually was not gone) Something of a power serge on a resistor I gather with the buffered gate as it were in front of the SF the surge is minimized. I'm liking my set up after all the trials and so forth. May try to trade in two unneeded pedals on a drum/rhythm pedal at guitar center. Also have a looper pedal that I will have to figure out how it works and if it fits in with my needs and wants. I actually had to open up the SF and change the internal setting from true bypass to buffered bypass to eliminate the loud popping sound when I pushed the pedal on and off. But the board is working well now.
    Last edited by mjh42; 04-24-2021 at 02:58 AM.

Thread Information