Post and share about your pedal boards you use with your ukulele's.

I've just replaced my Soul Food in favor of a Wish Klon Clone that I got today.

Anyway, I'm currently only running just a handful of pedals at the moment. Mooer baby tuner, Mooer E7 synth pedal, Wish.com Centaur silver, BOSS RC-1 looper. I also have some delay and reverb dialed in my amp.

The E7 synth is currently in front of the Klon due to the volume drop, but isn't noticeable in front of the a transparent OD. Which is good because I'm using the E7 as an occasional lead tone over heavier palm muted rhythm courtesy of the Centaur and the looper.

Here are my pedals. I'm still learning to use them. But, I think I chose them well. Happy for now anyway.

EHX SuperEgo+ with lots of effects and excellent configurability.
EHX 360 Nano Looper I still need practice to use it well.
Plus Pedal - Lots of fun with this one. But, it is a bit strange to use.

Got a Vidami box to control YouTube videos while I play and or practice.

20210601_224055.jpg

Collecting pedals can be as addicting as UAS. Here's my nephew's collection for example:

Pedals_Color.jpg

This thread is dangerous. I just looked up the Superego+ and it's damn nice.

That Supereago+ has a lot to offer......I need to figure out my looper first....and maybe stop switching pedals around looking for "that sound"....

My son was more than happy to take the BOSS OD3 and the Blues Mood off my hands.....

But I did find a Fender Smolder Acoustic OD locally.......stacked with the SF first--I think I am going to like this newest set up. The Blend knob on the Smolder is going to useful I think...
Still have plenty of testing with this set up to do but should be fun....
Oh and I've switched from the Aclam to the Holeyboard....both boards have the pro's and con's I'm liking the footprint and the stepped layered effect of the Holeyboard. Still no velcro which was a must for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I love my looper! I like being able to lay down a rhythm track so I can play lead melodies on top and has added another layer of fun for me. I'm currently running an SDrum in front so I can also have a drum track recorded as well.

DSC_4473.jpg

But I did find a Fender Smolder Acoustic OD locally.......stacked with the SF first--I think I am going to like this newest set up. The Blend knob on the Smolder is going to useful I think...
Still have plenty of testing with this set up to do but should be fun....

Let me know what you think of the Smolder. We might be the only two people using it for uke. Now that my ukulele group has started up again and I'm bringing my board to our practices, the leader of the group said he liked my overdrive sound. That's good enough for me!

Just a fan,
Don't know what kind of music you like to play. Try playing Duke Ellington's Mood Indigo with the Smolder on (you'll have to find your adjustments for your set up) and a little reverb if you have it......sounds killer......at least to me.....

I play a lot of blues, blues inspired music, folk, some old time, some rock and so forth.......I'm finding the Smolder was just what I was looking for.....a little smoky goodness....

I'm currently running an SDrum in front so I can also have a drum track recorded as well.

View attachment 134186

I was looking at the SDrum, the BeatBuddy mini 2, as well as a Mooer or Donner Drum pedal. I'm leaning towards the BeatBuddy, it seems a little easy to use and has a metronome.

How you like the SDrum and how is the learning curve on it??

I was looking at the SDrum, the BeatBuddy mini 2, as well as a Mooer or Donner Drum pedal. I'm leaning towards the BeatBuddy, it seems a little easy to use and has a metronome.

How you like the SDrum and how is the learning curve on it??

Learning curve was kinda steep. It is definitely a tool instead of a toy.

I've given up trying to come up with beats with the strings and go straight to the pads. I do like that it can create a chorus and bridge part based on what you teach it. It's a pretty cool pedal.

I've had to watch several manuals on YouTube about it (essentially 40 minutes worth). At the same time, it's also kind of simple once you get the hang of it. You can even have a half time section if you want.

Last edited:
Added some new pedals recently. The classic MXR Phase 90 and the Malekko Omicron Tremolo. Really digging the sounds from both so much that the Mooer E7 synth pedal is currently unplugged.

EDIT - I also got a free pedalboard. :)

DSC_4479.jpg

Well, the state of the board has changed again!

I have now picked up a Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter tremolo V1 in a trade for my Mini Cry Baby. I also got myself a Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb, a TC Electronic MIMIQ Mini and Telegraph killswitch wrapped in a Morse code machine.

I'd say I'm done, but my future self might make me a liar. lol

Last edited:
Hey, changing pedals is fun! I recently got rid of the LR Baggs Equalizer and replaced it with a Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp. It works much better with what I have! The Baggs was a bit too much and I have enough tone shaping going on with the Fishman Loudbox Mini.

P1070077.jpg

I suppose one is never done, close to done, satisfied for the time being? I've been out and on the road for more than 20 days. It will take me a few days to get back to the pedal board. Will I like the sound the same as when I left? What could change? Should I change anything? I've been thinking a more simplified equalizer, a delay, and a rhythm/drum pedal may be some fun. Enjoy the journey and the fun!

Well, I have 2 new additions: The BOSS RC-3 (which is replacing the RC-1) and the BOSS PS-6 Harmonist. The RC-3 to keep records of my backing tracks. The Harmonist was picked up to do 3 part harmonies, but it literally just forced me to learn how to do it myself with the looper (which is more fun). So now, the the Harmonist is used for Octaves and crazy pitch bends, which is also fun.

I've also split my pedals into two boards. Pre-amp and FX loop.

I'm going to try to trade the RC-1 for an EQ or a Compression pedal.

ps - I have sound clips on the song help section.

As to never really done......added a BeatBuddymini 2 and a EXH 720 looper today to an expanded board. Added back in a Donnor Echo Delay. The BB should be fun and fairly easy to use, the looper is going to take some time but if it's not out on the board I'll never get into the practice of using it. Still thinking of taking off the ToneDEQ and just getting an equalizer........we'll see...gotta move on my Alcam board as well I've been thinkin???

I'll see if I can do a photo in the next couple of days....

@mjh42 - Thanks a lot for pointing me in the direction of this thread of yours (here). This is a great read and just the sort of thing I wanted to hear about.

I need to read up more on pedals like the ToneDEQ and the Platinum Pro, because they seem quite fundamental, but could you tell me more about the Fender Smolder? I'd not seen that before this thread and it sounds very much like the sort of pedal I was after - tailor-made for ukuleles acoustic guitars (as close as we can hope for, right?).

@Just a fan - thanks for making reference to the Smolder, and for your brief summary - have you still got it? still just a fan (see what I did there?). Has your view of that pedal evolved at all? I'm really just interested to hear more about it.

I was just playing with my Godin and pedal board just a little while ago. I switched out the ToneDEQ with the Platinum Pro after work today. Nothing wrong with the ToneDEQ. I may keep it as a stand alone easy to take out and use kind of tool with some extra effects build in. I may sell it down the road as well.

I ran across the Fender Smolder on my search for an overdrive that might work for an ukulele. I tried and still have the Soul Food on my board as well but I was looking for something a little lighter yet smokey and bluesy. Something that could go from light to some distortion. I tried a blues driver and a couple of other overdrives as well. Most everything was a bit too much with the equipment I'm using. I even tried a Ibanez miniFuzz, ha....that was terrible.

I like the adjustability of the Smolder. I run/stack the Soul Food into the Smolder. I can run one or the other or both together. The blend knob is really nice. I can blend the incoming signal with the Smolder signal to effect the outgoing signal.

I ran across a video on youtube with the Fender Smolder and acoustic guitar. I was intrigued. I kept looking for a video with the Smolder with a nylon string guitar and I finally found one.

I haven't found much else with nylon strings---the Smolder----or use with an ukulele.

Just a Fan and I might be the only ones playing ukulele with a Smolder........come and join us for some fun :cool:

Top Bottom