Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nud

Default Nud

I have been wanting to try a little nicer ukulele and, after a bit of deliberation, ordered this Romero Creations Koa tenor (replica).

This is my first online purchase of an instrument, I am a believer in trying, but given the situation now...

RR1.jpg
    RR2.jpg
    RR3.jpg
    RR4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rsmillbern View Post
    I have been wanting to try a little nicer ukulele and, after a bit of deliberation, ordered this Romero Creations Koa tenor (replica).

This is my first online purchase of an instrument, I am a believer in trying, but given the situation now...

RR1.jpg
    RR2.jpg
    RR3.jpg
    RR4.jpg
    That's a beauty! Enjoy it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

That looks fabulous! It's so great to be expecting a beautiful instrument like that. The anticipation itself is such a rush. Oh oh, I'm getting into UAS territory here, better slow down! About ordering online, I've been doing that for years. I haven't been living in areas with many brick and mortar Uke stores. The typical Guitar World or family music shop just doesn't keep nice Ukes in stock. I did get to Uke Republic's shop in Atlanta, I've been in Gryphon in Palo Alto, CA, and a number of shops in Hawaii. Sure, it's fun to try them out, and browse a nice collection of Ukes for sale. But, there's so much available online. I've gotten many really nice instruments ordering online, and only a few mediocre ones. I've never gotten a bad one, or one I had to send back. And, believe me, I'd send a bad one back in a heartbeat. One thing I can't tolerate is a bad instrument. If you stick to the dedicated Uke sites online, I think you'll be OK. They personally check out the instruments, and do setups, before shipping them out. If something is wrong, they'll catch it.

I think you're going to be just fine, and really love that new Romero!
    Last edited by VegasGeorge; 02-27-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    That looks fabulous! It's so great to be expecting a beautiful instrument like that. The anticipation itself is such a rush. Oh oh, I'm getting into UAS territory here, better slow down! About ordering online, I've been doing that for years. I haven't been living in areas with many brick and mortar Uke stores. The typical Guitar World or family music shop just doesn't keep nice Ukes in stock. I did get to Uke Republic's shop in Atlanta, I've been in Gryphon in Palo Alto, CA, and a number of shops in Hawaii. Sure, it's fun to try them out, and brows a nice collection of Ukes for sale. But, there's so much available online. I've gotten many really nice instruments ordering online, and only a few mediocre ones. I've never gotten a bad one, or one I had to send back. And, believe me, I'd send a bad one back in a heartbeat. One thing I can't tolerate is a bad instrument. If you stick to the dedicated Uke sites online, I think you'll be OK. They personally check out the instruments, and do setups, before shipping them out. If something is wrong, they'll catch it.

I think you're going to be just fine, and really love that new Romero!
    Exactly!
    There are no close ukulele oriented shops for me, even without the lockdown, and I am fairly new to ukulele. My "regular" guitar shop has a couple Maestros from time to time, but he mostly focuses on high end acoustic guitars, banjos and mandolins.

I ordered from a shop in Berlin, a bit too far for a day trip for me and I am very satisfied with the transaction. It has build some confidence with me.
    Best part was that the delivery date was for tomorrow, and it showed up today! Only hard part was looking at the unopened box for a few hours while wrapping up conf calls

What is it a replica of?

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

Quote Originally Posted by rorym View Post
    What is it a replica of?
    I wondered the same thing.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Quote Originally Posted by rorym View Post
    What is it a replica of?
    It is a replica of the custom, individually made ukuleles Pepe Romero Jr makes in his workshop. The Signature Romero Tenor (formerly known as The Replica) is a production replica of his custom tenor ‘ukulele. It is a replica, not an exact copy of the custom ukulele.

Ie: a factory made "replica" of his expensive custom ukuleles.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    I wondered the same thing.
    Replica of a custom Romero Creations ukulele.
    Was listed a “Romero Creations Replica Koa” I think they have changed the silly name for new models, and call it the Signature Tenor now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Ie: a factory made "replica" of his expensive custom ukuleles.
    Interesting, though something tells me that this isn't a typical ukulele factory. Those things sound really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    All the Replicas and Grand Tenors I've seen are 12-fret to body instruments, which gets the bridge positioned lower on the body, in what some call the sweet spot.
    There is a lot of debate about this in the guitar world between some people. I have a couple 12 fret guitars that I love and a few 14 fret guitars that are just as good. They have a different "feel", to me. I don't have enough serous time with the ukulele to really tell the difference, 12 vs 14, but I can imagine it is there in some of the same ways.

Thread Information