Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a way to put strap (no pins) on a uke?

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    Sold on Jake's website. For people who already know how to hold their instrument correctly and want to take some pressure off their shoulders.
    And you can market it as an advertisement space to companies. "I'm playing this uke with this strap all over town, want your name here?"

Daddario makes something similar to Jake's, with a small rubber 'hook' at half the the price, or the Fremont at half that...or there are really cheap ones off Ali or ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium82 View Post
    I was wondering if I could just by the pins and screw them in without breaking/ruining the sound?
    ?
    Installing strap buttons does not break the ukulele or ruin the sound. Just about every steel-string acoustic guitar has strap buttons installed at the factory and no one complains about them.
    Larry

KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    KALA SOLID FLAME MAPLE CONCERT
    JUPITER UKULELE TENOR #77, REDWOOD/SYCAMORE
    ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR" (LOW "G")
    ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    OHANA BK-70M BARITONE

I will recommend buying a strap pin and installing it. It is not that difficult, I have done it on a couple of my ukes. It should be an very high end uke before I would worry about the button would damage the value. I am hesitant about my vintage kamaka, but on low and mid range ukes I believe it will only add value.

Find an online toturial. You should check first that the ukes has a small wood block on the inside that the screw can connect to when going through the outer wood.
    Pre drill with a small size drill. Place a piece of making tape at the base before drilling to protect the finish around the actual hole. Then screw in the strap button. It is recommended to use a small felt washer between the button and the uke to protect tee finish. I dont know where to get those, I cut one from some material I had lying around.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Thread Information