Glarry Music

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I don't think I posted this before, but if I did - sorry.

A few days ago, I was going to order two concert cases from Glarry. When I got to the check-out point, it said, "Out of Distribution Range" in red letters. I've bought Glarry cases from Amazon, but I've never bought from Glarry directly. My emails to them have gone unanswered.

Any idea what "Out of Distribution Range" means?

I'm not sure of the term, but I will pass on that I bought a Glarry case and will NEVER buy another. There's nothing wrong with the case build, but the SMELL coming from it is overwhelming. Some sort of horrible chemical odor.
I left it outside open for a month hoping it would air out, and it never completely cleared. I would have just tossed it, but it happens to fit the banjo uke I made. I only put the uke in the case to travel with it. I'm continuing to look for a replacement.
Unless I just had a bad case, I'd keep looking.

@Jerry41: I don't know what that means, but I've bought Glarry cases from Glarry Music directly before:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?145285

The transaction went smoothly and the cases arrived well packed. I have no regrets and would buy from them again if I'm in need of cheap hardcases. Anyway, I think if you buy from Amazon, you'll get the same cases for about the same cost; so there's really no need to get them directly from Glarry.

@captain-janeway: Sorry to hear about your issue. My cases also smelled of chemicals, but 1-2 week's airing inside my garage cleared that up (can't remember exactly how long it took, but definitely less than 2 weeks). There's no lingering smell.

Could that be their way of saying they didn't have two in stock? I've never heard of such a wording either.

Do you use a VPN? If so, perhaps you were showing up as being in another country. Just a guess.

I hadn't heard of Glary before, so I just went to take a look at their website. Frankly, it looks like a musical junk store. The items I saw were somewhere between a musical toy and an inexpensive instrument. It looks like a place set up to take advantage of the musically ignorant, like non-musical parents looking to buy their kid a first instrument on the cheap.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of Glary before, so I just went to take a look at their website. Frankly, it looks like a musical junk store. The items I saw were somewhere between a musical toy and an inexpensive instrument. It looks like a place set up to take advantage of the musically ignorant, like non-musical parents looking to buy their kid a first instrument on the cheap.

More like a musical dollar store : )

Junk is something that doesn't work. Having owned several Glarry hardcases, I can say that their cases work really well for storage. Anybody owning many ukes, like Jerry41, can save a lot of money with Glarry hardcases. For example, $30 Glarry hardcases * 100 = $3000; $70 (no-name hardcases) * 1000 = $7000. That $4000 difference can buy Jerry41 2-200 more ukes... Then he'll need more hardcases... ah... we're going into positive feedback loop.

You're right, Clear. For something like a storage case, a Glary product may be just the ticket. I was speaking of the instruments only. And to clarify my "junk" remark, I mean that one of those instruments wouldn't pass muster if the owner took it to a knowledgeable instructor. The instructor would tell the student to replace it at once with a student model made by a legitimate manufacturer. And lastly, I think the Dollar Store is pretty cool. You can buy name brand items there. And, the generic items can be usable too. For example, ever since I had my cataract surgery, I need "cheaters" for reading. The $1 glasses at the Dollar Store work just as well as the $20 ones at the supermarket. The frames are flimsy, but so what? The lenses are good, and if one breaks, I just buy another.

I'm not sure of the term, but I will pass on that I bought a Glarry case and will NEVER buy another. There's nothing wrong with the case build, but the SMELL coming from it is overwhelming. Some sort of horrible chemical odor.
I left it outside open for a month hoping it would air out, and it never completely cleared. I would have just tossed it, but it happens to fit the banjo uke I made. I only put the uke in the case to travel with it. I'm continuing to look for a replacement.
Unless I just had a bad case, I'd keep looking.

Yes, I remember your earlier post about the bad smell of Glarry cases, but I have two of them - no smell.

I think I'm going to get a couple of those canvas, zipper cases. I don't like them, but they haver hard sides, so they offer protection. The alternative is to make a couple of rectangular cases, but the time and money I'd spend aren't worth it.

Top Bottom