Football

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
It's never to early to talk about football.

Who's your team? Mine is, of course, Da Bears. I've never been more excited for a Bears season than I am for this one coming up. I think we have a good shot at a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, Jay Cutler will make that much of a difference.

We only play each other during the preseason, but I wouldn't rule out meeting in the postseason. There's been a lot of talk here about us getting Plaxico. I'm not against the idea, but I don't think he's going to play this season.

We only play each other during the preseason, but I wouldn't rule out meeting in the postseason. There's been a lot of talk here about us getting Plaxico. I'm not against the idea, but I don't think he's going to play this season.

Well the Plax situation is one that's close to my heart.
I don't agree with the decision to cut him per se. It would have been nice to know what his legal future was before making the move. I get that they need to have the slot filled and couldn't wait.

I am curious to know if they would have kept him if he got off of the charges. I mean, he had a bad year personally and ended it with a bang..pun intended. It was stupidity but I dont think there was any sort of malice intended.

They gave Tyree a shot when he went through alot. Most do not know that he had drug, hooker and gun charges on him. They supported him and he made the catch of all time.

Plax will be a fine addition to any team. Chicago holds a special place in my heart. So I hope you do get him.

I don't agree with the decision to cut him per se. It would have been nice to know what his legal future was before making the move. I get that they need to have the slot filled and couldn't wait.

Do most of the Giants fans feel the same way? Most of his press here has been positive. The players who have met him say nothing but good things about him. Most say that they'd be happy to have him.

Chargers. nuff sed.

and if any of you are about to say anything....

here's a preemptive SHHH!

No trash talk from me. I think the Chargers are a much better team than their record showed last year. Rivers was awesome for my fantasy team.

Do most of the Giants fans feel the same way? Most of his press here has been positive. The players who have met him say nothing but good things about him. Most say that they'd be happy to have him.

I think NY'ers are mixed about him now.
I am sure alot of us are p.o.'ed because that whole thing cost us the playoffs and probably another Lombardi.

Plax is definitely a great player and I think he has become more of a team player while on The Giants.

hahaha its all good. ive just kinda gotten used to being clowned for being a chargers fan. you know back around 97-98. when it was the in thing to hate on the chargers, i was still rockin a seau jersey (so what if i bought it at walmart?). then all of a sudden the chargers started getting better and everybody and their mother jumps on the bandwagon. but it does feel good to see the chargers going to the playoffs at least. hope we can do it again this season. the longer they stay in the game, the longer i stay interested. i havent paid attention to a superbowl game since the 94 season if you know what i mean. hahaha

I think NY'ers are mixed about him now.
I am sure alot of us are p.o.'ed because that whole thing cost us the playoffs and probably another Lombardi.

Plax is definitely a great player and I think he has become more of a team player while on The Giants.

Good to know. If the Bears do end up picking him up, I'll be a happy man.

hahaha its all good. ive just kinda gotten used to being clowned for being a chargers fan. you know back around 97-98. when it was the in thing to hate on the chargers, i was still rockin a seau jersey (so what if i bought it at walmart?). then all of a sudden the chargers started getting better and everybody and their mother jumps on the bandwagon. but it does feel good to see the chargers going to the playoffs at least. hope we can do it again this season. the longer they stay in the game, the longer i stay interested. i havent paid attention to a superbowl game since the 94 season if you know what i mean. hahaha

Dude, Seau is one of my all-time faves. He played the game the way it was meant to be played. That Superbowl game was intense. He played it with one arm!

Is there a Chargers bandwagon? :p

It's been an interesting year in the NFC north that's for sure.If Favre goes to the Vikings it'll be a circus.
I liked Cutler before he was traded to the Bears,now I can't wait to see him fail.:D

It's been an interesting year in the NFC north that's for sure.If Favre goes to the Vikings it'll be a circus.
I liked Cutler before he was traded to the Bears,now I can't wait to see him fail.:D

Favre just got to hang it up.
I said from day one that the Jets shouldn't have taken him.
He had a great career. Leave with some dignity is my thought.

LOL! Hahaha... we shall see. I will say that Aaron Rodgers is better than I thought he'd be. It'll be that much sweeter when we kick your butts.

If Favre goes to the Vikings, the NFC North will be the most interesting division in the NFL.

Favre just got to hang it up.
I said from day one that the Jets shouldn't have taken him.
He had a great career. Leave with some dignity is my thought.

If he becomes a Viking I hope he leaves on a stretcher!:eek:;)

He has gone from hero to zero round these parts,I retired my #4 jerseys and I'm wearing a #12 these days.

seeso said:
It'll be that much sweeter when we kick your butts.
I think all you're going to be tasting is bitter.:p:D

Say what you will but I am All Steelers! Been that way for at least the past 20 years, I am 27. I have some old, new when I got them, Bubby Brister and Barry Foster Football cards my uncle got me as a gift.

Da Bears having a first round bye in the postseason sounds like some high expectations. Cutler is better than anything they have had, but only 2 teams in the confrence get a bye.

As for the Chargers they have the potential. If LT stays healthy. I really think Rivers is a punk but a decent QB.

The Giants need a dependable target for Eli to throw at, with that and their running game they can play with anyone.

All I can expect to happen is the unexpected. Teams seem to rise and fall on the drop of a dime.

Say what you will but I am All Steelers! Been that way for at least the past 20 years, I am 27. I have some old, new when I got them, Bubby Brister and Barry Foster Football cards my uncle got me as a gift.

I'm a Steelers fan too. When I was growing up, you liked the Bears, and either the Cowboys or the Steelers. I always picked the Steelers.

Da Bears having a first round bye in the postseason sounds like some high expectations. Cutler is better than anything they have had, but only 2 teams in the confrence get a bye.

So which two teams do you think will get the bye? The NFC isn't that strong. I'm thinking Bears and Giants. The Bears will be in a tough division, that's for sure. But I think we can do it. It all depends on the growth of our receivers. If we get Plax, you can book it.

As for the Chargers they have the potential. If LT stays healthy. I really think Rivers is a punk but a decent QB.

Rivers is more than decent. I'd put him in the top five.

The Giants need a dependable target for Eli to throw at, with that and their running game they can play with anyone.

Absolutely. I'm thinking they're a 10-6 team.

All I can expect to happen is the unexpected. Teams seem to rise and fall on the drop of a dime.

That's part of what I love about the NFL. You never know what's going to happen.

It's never to early to talk about football.

Who's your team? Mine is, of course, Da Bears. I've never been more excited for a Bears season than I am for this one coming up. I think we have a good shot at a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, Jay Cutler will make that much of a difference.

I second Da Bears!

Since they booted their Hobbit quarterback, and got someone that can see over the line of scrimmage, things should start clicking. Now all we need is Ditka back on board!

mike-ditka-coach-c2a9photofile2.jpg

captureda.jpg

434648_f520.jpg

Last edited:

I'm living is South Dakota, so everyone is either a Packer or Viking fan here. It gets really annoying, lol. I can tolerate Green Bay, but I can't stand the Vikings. God I hope Favre doesn't go to the Vikings. I'm tired of them dumping money on primadonnas.

I was so glad when Culpepper and Moon left.

Funny...I watched a show after we began this discussion on HBO...Joe Buck's thang.

He had Favre on. Favre used profanities lol.

It's an interesting segment if you guys can catch it.

Top Bottom