Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Default Football

It's never to early to talk about football.

Who's your team? Mine is, of course, Da Bears. I've never been more excited for a Bears season than I am for this one coming up. I think we have a good shot at a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, Jay Cutler will make that much of a difference.

We only play each other during the preseason, but I wouldn't rule out meeting in the postseason. There's been a lot of talk here about us getting Plaxico. I'm not against the idea, but I don't think he's going to play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by seeso View Post
    We only play each other during the preseason, but I wouldn't rule out meeting in the postseason. There's been a lot of talk here about us getting Plaxico. I'm not against the idea, but I don't think he's going to play this season.

Well the Plax situation is one that's close to my heart.
    I don't agree with the decision to cut him per se. It would have been nice to know what his legal future was before making the move. I get that they need to have the slot filled and couldn't wait.

I am curious to know if they would have kept him if he got off of the charges. I mean, he had a bad year personally and ended it with a bang..pun intended. It was stupidity but I dont think there was any sort of malice intended.

They gave Tyree a shot when he went through alot. Most do not know that he had drug, hooker and gun charges on him. They supported him and he made the catch of all time.

Plax will be a fine addition to any team. Chicago holds a special place in my heart. So I hope you do get him.

Chargers. nuff sed.

and if any of you are about to say anything....

here's a preemptive SHHH!

and just to let you know, there's a whole bag of SHHH! where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
    I don't agree with the decision to cut him per se. It would have been nice to know what his legal future was before making the move. I get that they need to have the slot filled and couldn't wait.
    Do most of the Giants fans feel the same way? Most of his press here has been positive. The players who have met him say nothing but good things about him. Most say that they'd be happy to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    Chargers. nuff sed.

and if any of you are about to say anything....

here's a preemptive SHHH!
    No trash talk from me. I think the Chargers are a much better team than their record showed last year. Rivers was awesome for my fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by seeso View Post
    Do most of the Giants fans feel the same way? Most of his press here has been positive. The players who have met him say nothing but good things about him. Most say that they'd be happy to have him.
    I think NY'ers are mixed about him now.
    I am sure alot of us are p.o.'ed because that whole thing cost us the playoffs and probably another Lombardi.

Plax is definitely a great player and I think he has become more of a team player while on The Giants.

hahaha its all good. ive just kinda gotten used to being clowned for being a chargers fan. you know back around 97-98. when it was the in thing to hate on the chargers, i was still rockin a seau jersey (so what if i bought it at walmart?). then all of a sudden the chargers started getting better and everybody and their mother jumps on the bandwagon. but it does feel good to see the chargers going to the playoffs at least. hope we can do it again this season. the longer they stay in the game, the longer i stay interested. i havent paid attention to a superbowl game since the 94 season if you know what i mean. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
    I think NY'ers are mixed about him now.
    I am sure alot of us are p.o.'ed because that whole thing cost us the playoffs and probably another Lombardi.

Plax is definitely a great player and I think he has become more of a team player while on The Giants.
    Good to know. If the Bears do end up picking him up, I'll be a happy man.

hahaha its all good. ive just kinda gotten used to being clowned for being a chargers fan. you know back around 97-98. when it was the in thing to hate on the chargers, i was still rockin a seau jersey (so what if i bought it at walmart?). then all of a sudden the chargers started getting better and everybody and their mother jumps on the bandwagon. but it does feel good to see the chargers going to the playoffs at least. hope we can do it again this season. the longer they stay in the game, the longer i stay interested. i havent paid attention to a superbowl game since the 94 season if you know what i mean. hahaha
    Dude, Seau is one of my all-time faves. He played the game the way it was meant to be played. That Superbowl game was intense. He played it with one arm!

Is there a Chargers bandwagon?

Thread Information