Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Football

Well, I didn't watch it, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl #55 yesterday. Everyone is talking about it!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyPhilips View Post
    This year, while none of the players in the European Cups stand out, I think the European Championship, which (I hope) will be held in summer, will be decisive.
    Apparently, the European Championship this year will be!!!!

Well, I do not really like football actually, I consider it a stupid game, I prefer soccer, the real football! I have been playing soccer for my entire life actually. The first time I went to a soccer game, it was back in 2007. I was in London with my dad, and he decided to take me to a football game, it was a Chelsea vs Manchester United game! Chelsea won on the Stamford Bridge, and since then, I am a Chelsea fan! I am trying to watch all of their games, however sometimes I just do not have the opportunity to do it, so I am watching the highlights on https://55goal.com/soccer-highlights as they are posting them really fast.
    Last edited by MayaIbuki; 04-29-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MayaIbuki View Post
    Well, I do not really like football actually, I consider it a stupid game, I prefer soccer, the real football! I have been playing soccer for my entire life actually. The first time I went to a soccer game, it was back in 2007. I was in London with my dad, and he decided to take me to a football game, it was a Chelsea vs Manchester United game! Chelsea won on the Stamford Bridge, and since then, I am a Chelsea fan! I am trying to watch all of their games, however sometimes I just do not have the opportunity to do it, so I am watching the highlights on https://55goal.com/soccer-highlights as they are posting them really fast.
    That is right man, soccer is the real football!

To the last couple of 2021 posters: The real soccer is soccer. American football is a different sport entirely . What people call tennis now, used to be called lawn tennis. Futbol may be what you guys are thinking of. History is interesting.

1880s
    Linguistically creative students at the University of Oxford in the 1880s distinguished between the sports of “rugger” (rugby football) and “assoccer” (association football). The latter term was further shortened to “soccer” (sometimes spelled “socker”), and the name quickly spread beyond the campus.
    Last edited by Neil_O; 05-04-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    Too chicken to install strap buttons...

Congratulations to Chesley on winning the ECL, it was a wonderful finale!

Thread Information