Football

2qrzgbs.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship#Championships_by_Franchise

I'm living is South Dakota, so everyone is either a Packer or Viking fan here. It gets really annoying, lol. I can tolerate Green Bay, but I can't stand the Vikings. God I hope Favre doesn't go to the Vikings. I'm tired of them dumping money on primadonnas.

I was so glad when Culpepper and Moon left.

I see Favre going to the Vikings as a potential catastrophe for the Vikings.If he doesn't take them to the promised land they start another year unsettled at QB,and no doubt with a new coach.

I see Favre going to the Vikings as a potential catastrophe for the Vikings.If he doesn't take them to the promised land they start another year unsettled at QB,and no doubt with a new coach.

Either way, in my city fans of both Vikings and Packers would probably riot in the streets. Some peeps here are fanatics about "which side you are on", LOL. One of my old neighbors had his car all decked out in Vikings stickers, flags, and seat covers. Some dickhead keyed "Vikings Suck" in big letters on the hood of his car.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I felt really bad for him. That's why I don't take professional sports too seriously.

Touché.

I agree. Potentially, it's a catastrophe. But the potential goes the other way, too. What if he gets them a championship? It could happen. How old was Elway when he won? All the Vikings really lack is a QB.

I'm not saying he'll get a ring with them, I'm just saying the risk might be worth the reward.

Either way, in my city fans of both Vikings and Packers would probably riot in the streets. Some peeps here are fanatics about "which side you are on", LOL. One of my old neighbors had his car all decked out in Vikings stickers, flags, and seat covers. Some dickhead keyed "Vikings Suck" in big letters on the hood of his car.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I felt really bad for him. That's why I don't take professional sports too seriously.

Wow, that's really lame. But the Vikings do suck. :D

I agree. Potentially, it's a catastrophe. But the potential goes the other way, too. What if he gets them a championship? It could happen. How old was Elway when he won? All the Vikings really lack is a QB.

I'm not saying he'll get a ring with them, I'm just saying the risk might be worth the reward.

:D

I am going to stick to my guns on Favre.
I think the whole split from GB screwed his head up. I do not think that age is a factor necessarily.

I didn't think he would do anything for the Jets and believe he was only there to say "Hey, look I can play for another team. I dont need you." meanwhile I suspect the wound was deeper than he let or lets on still.

I don't think he will do anything for any team that gets him. He'll have a moment or two but he will not be a focused Favre. I don't think he'll get over the separation anxiety (if you will) from GB.

Just my two Lincolns.

I am going to stick to my guns on Favre.
I think the whole split from GB screwed his head up. I do not think that age is a factor necessarily.

I didn't think he would do anything for the Jets and believe he was only there to say "Hey, look I can play for another team. I dont need you." meanwhile I suspect the wound was deeper than he let or lets on still.

I don't think he will do anything for any team that gets him. He'll have a moment or two but he will not be a focused Favre. I don't think he'll get over the separation anxiety (if you will) from GB.

Just my two Lincolns.

If his shoulder heals enough, I do hope that he goes to the Vikings. The battle for the division would be epic.

If his shoulder heals enough, I do hope that he goes to the Vikings. The battle for the division would be epic.

I mentioned this on the other page but there is this great segment with him and Joe Buck on HBO currently.
he talks about how he would have a target on him if he showed up in purple. :biglaugh:

If you can catch it check it out. It's a really good segment.

He also talks about his operation and health.

Seahawk here.

I am so excited for this season. Last season we got bit by the hardest injury bug in recent history.

Watch a 10-6 and run in the playoffs happen again.

SEAHAWKS! :shaka:

I will try my best to not comment anymore in this thread. Football makes me too emotional. I dont want to start fights here. :uhoh:

Favre
As a Green Bay fan I'm so sick of him.He's been retiring for like eight years in a row now and the team bent over backward to keep him.HE'S A FORTY YEAR OLD QUARTERBACK who in the last ten years has shown a penchant for throwing INTs in the big game and for some reason the media loves him.

In a few years after he retires:)rolleyes:) I may warm up to him again.

So which two teams do you think will get the bye? The NFC isn't that strong. I'm thinking Bears and Giants. The Bears will be in a tough division, that's for sure. But I think we can do it. It all depends on the growth of our receivers. If we get Plax, you can book it.

Late reply but, I really cannot think of who I would pick so I guess da Bears have about as good a shot as any other NFC team. I would think whoever wins the East but they might beat each other up splitting wins-loses with each other. Or maybe Carolina. Looking at last years final standings and thinking about who picked up who and who lost who I would say all the teams but about 6 could get a first round bye.

We are just going to have to wait and see. Only about two and a half months till kickoff.

We are just going to have to wait and see. Only about two and a half months till kickoff.

Might as well be two and a half decades, man. I can't wait for this season to start.

OU is are Pro team in O klahoma lol
Too bad they cant compete with USC! No one can. Oklahoma did exactly what I thought they would against USC in the Championship. Unless they are in the pac ten. USC has only lost one game outside of the pac 10 in the last 7 years! And that was barely!

It's never to early to talk about football.

Who's your team? Mine is, of course, Da Bears. I've never been more excited for a Bears season than I am for this one coming up. I think we have a good shot at a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, Jay Cutler will make that much of a difference.

and if Orlando Pace stays healthy, he's an anchor for the average at best O-Line....

I have always been a Packers fan myself (even the bad years through the 70's and 80's not just the Favre years)... And my hometown Big red Cardinals... (even after they moved to the desert I still love them)

Then the Rams... (Lambs?)... It sux to be a football fan in St. Louis!

Say what you will but I am All Steelers! Been that way for at least the past 20 years, I am 27. I have some old, new when I got them, Bubby Brister and Barry Foster Football cards my uncle got me as a gift.

I'm old enough to remember when Bradshaw and Hanratty were fighting for the starting QB spot. And Blier and Harris were the best 1-2 punch in the league.... Ahhhhh the good old days! When players smoked (Fred Billintnakoff) on the sidelines, wore a bucket of stick-um on their hands and played their entire carrers with one team....

I'm a Bills fan as my avatar shows.

I will probably have killed myself before the age of 25 for that very reason. :(

We used to have your coach Jauron. Is he as wimpy over there as he was over here?

Top Bottom