Football

The plot thickens....
The Chiefs sign Cassel long term.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4327067

Wow,I thought the Broncos were nuts for even considering Cassel,yet they end up with Orton or nothing,whichever is more.:D

Still waiting for Favre to sign,Rodgers will be the only QB in the North who isn't a story this year.After last year it'll be quite the relief.

Damn Seeso and the Bears for picking up Cutler,
Yeah thast really throws a wrench in things,this could end up being a QB rich division if Detroits guy takes off,well eexcept for the Vikings that is.:D

I haven't built up a full on hatred for Cutler yet,but it'll come......:eek:

Wow,I thought the Broncos were nuts for even considering Cassel,yet they end up with Orton or nothing,whichever is more.:D

We'll see if Cassel's year last year was the product of great talent, or a great team and great coaching, I suppose. Should be interesting.

Well, we had Orton for a few years, and he's better than nothing. He won't do anything to hurt you, but he won't win games for you either.

Yeah thast really throws a wrench in things,this could end up being a QB rich division if Detroits guy takes off,well eexcept for the Vikings that is.:D

I haven't built up a full on hatred for Cutler yet,but it'll come......:eek:

What's strange is I haven't built up a hatred for Rodgers yet, either. Huh. I actually kind of like him. What's up with that? :eek:

Any fans of NCAA football out there? I'm a huge SEC (southeastern conference) fan. GO IRISH!

EDIT: Oh wow, HUGE bump! Sorry guys :(

Last edited:
WOW!! I just read through all the posts and not one NEW ENGLAND fan. I will preface my post by saying I've been a NE fan for 30+ years. (don't want anyone to think bandwagon) So GO PATS!! It should be an interesting season and I heard one prediction from an SI writer that this year's superbowl could be NE (seeso wait for it).......Bears. IMHO baseball was invented to keep the football seasons from bumping into other.(if did miss a NE post prior to mine, my apologies)

I saw that SI prediction. Ha! I don't know about the Super Bowl, but I will say this: no one in the NFC scares me.

Seeso, the last time the Bears and Pats met in the Superbowl was an incredibly dark day (followed by a meeting with the Packers, but I digress) my guess is that if you watched that game you were but a very young fan. After 27-28 years, yes I would like to meet them in the Superbowl again. Here's the the thing. There is a season of football between now and then. A lot can happen ( see T Brady last year) and as an "In Belicheck We Trust" kinda fan... I hope he sees something in the Pat's defense that I missed in preseason. Let's not forget the quote from Brady (those not Pat fans may have missed it) on his first day of press availability-- "We're on a mission"

LOL!!! I overheard a conversation at a sportsbar once where the boyfriend or husband was explaining the game to his wife/girlfriend. He was talking about the running guy (RB) and how he runs to the touchdown place but sometimes the throwing guy (QB) throws it to the catching guy (WR). He had no clue what you called the position players.

That Sunday Night game, is probably gonna show, how much of an impact Cutler will make, and if the switch to the 3-4 will help the Pack. I hope it's a good game. The Pack looked real good in the preseason, Cutler looked okay. Go Vikes!!!!

well, week one is over and as a NE fan, this is going to be a scary season. I wont be able to deal with a lot of games like this one. Seeso,sorry that Urlacker got hurt. he is an awesome linebacker.

Cutler with a career-high 4 INT's. Urlacher out for the season. Gonna be a long year.

Cutler with a career-high 4 INT's. Urlacher out for the season. Gonna be a long year.

I know it is just one game, but da'Bears D took a hit with Urlacher and Cutler basically sucking (in that game). I think I remember hearing a 1 or 2 seed in the NFC from someone. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom