Season 472 - Games and Toys

Myanmar continues to descend towards total anarchy. I'm starting to think about escape routes. On top of that, I've been quite sick for the last few days - not COVID, unless is a new strain which means you sit on the toilet half the day and night. My sense of smell is still there. I moved my recording space to an area of the apartment that's closer to the aircon because where I normally sit, I'm breaking out in a sweat.

Sounds like locking yourself in the toilet could be the safest option at the moment. Stay safe Joko, and get better soon.

Whenever I've thrown those dice, wherever I have played, the Blues have run the game:

I was reminded of this one the other day and wanted to have a go at it, because I think it's a lovely tune, though the song tells a sad story.
The original, by Jackson C. Frank, was produced by Paul Simon, and there've been plenty of covers including a particularly lovely one by Simon and Garfunkel.
I added a baritone ukulele, as I often like to, because if anything is better than one ukulele, it's two ukuleles. I also doubled up the vocal because it just seemed to sound better.

Friday evening greetings from Finland! I've been listening to your songs and they really cheered me up after a long workweek. There is a lot of talent among Seasonistas, but also a lot of knowledge, humor and good spirits. Thank you for your splendid entries! We have the whole weekend left to bring more songs, and it's not over until Ralf plays his ukulele. :)

There have been several good songs about kites, and I remembered one about trying to fly a kite, too. This is an endless song, but my stamina ran out in 2 minutes.

So many coincidences today.. This March marks 14 years since the March of 2007.. the March that changed my name to Joko, I bought my first ukulele, and became a thing... 7 years ago today, I moved to Myanmar, 6 March 2014... and today was also the day that I've resigned in my head to knowing things aren't going to be like the used to be here for maybe another seven years. It's turning into a warzone. Another department head wants me on his team in Bangkok... I think I'm pretty much set on leaving now...

and in 7 minutes the internet gets shut off ...

I thought this song was about the old Chinese game "Go"

The cops here aren't nearly as nice as the one's Shel Silverstien wrote about...

The Marvelous Toy by Tom Paxton

Here's a song that Maggie used to sing to our kids when they were three. (They're gonna be 44 on March 16.)

I wonder if someone is going to do a Chuck Berry song before the week is over. Just thought of a wonderful inappropriate song, that I am not going to find play myself :).

Jim and I seem to think the same way - again I was in the middle of working up a song when he beat me to the mention.
It's a marvelous song though, so you're getting it twice!

The Legend of Zelda game came out just as my two sons were the right age to enjoy it.
The whole family played this game, and spent a lot of time enjoying it.
I even got into playing Ocarina as a result of their interest.
I've been practicing this all week, and then realized I had not much time left to make a video.
I hope I am in under the wire... No singing this week.

Minutes till midnight, there is still time for another game....

Season 472 is now over. I'll add the recent entries to the playlist and make a wrap later this week.

Thank you all so much for playing, this was fun. Let's continue with 'singing' Season 473!

Oh no! My anxiety and depression caught up with me this week. I practiced my song all week, then I got too distracted on Sunday to get my song recorded :(

Looks like my "perfect attendance" streak has officially ended at Season 471. Dang.

Still, here's a toy video for those of you who learned to love robots in the 80s.

It's not really over, until Ralf plays Transformers. Thank you!

Top Bottom