Season 472 - Games and Toys

kolibri

out of tune
UU VIP
Reaction score
Welcome to Season 472!

This week let's play songs about games and toys. These can be for example football anthems, soundtrack songs from video games or computer games, olympics theme songs or songs from musical 'Chess'...

And toys? Of course, songs about dolls and teddy bears, but you can interpret the theme metaphorically, if you like - grown-ups have toys like cars, diamonds and guitar pedals. :)

Bands and songwriters with games or toys in their name are legit, too.

Original songs, collaborations and instrumentals are most welcome.

Song limit: 1 song per day or 8 songs per Season.

- Season starts Sunday, February 28th at 00:00 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, March 7th at 12 PM Hawaii time.
- Please mention in the video that it's for Season 472

Prize: Finnish miniature wooden toys.

I'll put my comments on YouTube and don't duplicate them here.

Please remember that the very photogenic Season 471 has still a day to go and Steve has abandoned the song limit.

Playlist

Nice theme!

What it the stance on mind games?
A lot of songs with the word "game" In the title are more about different kinds of games than those you will play for sports or at a table. More like games of life or love or something like that.

Great idea for a theme, Ylle ... and you have given us a lot of scope; looking forward to finding some suitable songs!

Thank you for the first song and for the favorable comments re: Season's theme.

What it the stance on mind games?
A lot of songs with the word "game" In the title are more about different kinds of games than those you will play for sports or at a table. More like games of life or love or something like that.
Songs about mind games (and perhaps even about wicked games) are welcome.

Thank you Ylle! And thanks to Mikkel for asking about mind games. I'd just recorded this when I saw his question. I was hoping Ylle would answer in the affirmative.

All this talk of grown up toys has me a bit confused...I'm assuming people are talking about Advanced Scrabble where you can only make 7 letter words, or 1000 piece Airfix modelling kits of 14th century barquentine sailing ships........stuff like that.

Here's Games People Play.

Thank you for the first song and for the favorable comments re: Season's theme.

Songs about mind games (and perhaps even about wicked games) are welcome.

How did you know I was thinking about wicked games? :)

I think Ylle is looking to see what you might get up to behind closed doors.........

.....playing with??????

:smileybounce::rofl:

We look forward to your entry by Dildo....'erm I mean Dido Keith. Will It be a solo entry or will you be accompanied by a friend ?

Last edited:
Thank you Ylle!

All this talk of grown up toys has me a bit confused...I'm assuming people are talking about Advanced Scrabble where you can only make 7 letter words, or 1000 piece Airfix modelling kits of 14th century barquentine sailing ships........stuff like that.

Well, of course, John ... what else could we possibly be talking about? Er ... barquentine sailing ships???

Thank you, dear Seasonistas, the first songs about games and toys have been added to the playlist.

where are you leading us, Ylle???

Honestly, I'm not leading, I'm just hosting! :cool: I gave a little nudge and now everybody is going... where they are going. Hopefully you'll find (or write) good songs and bring them to this Season.

The first song that popped into my head was Only A Pawn In Their Game by Bob Dylan. I gave it a shot, but I hated the results. I hope someone else will try it.

This is probably the jolliest song I know about buying some toys then accidentally starting a war with them.

Also, come to think of it, with my Computer Scientist hat on, a song about the importance of rigorously testing and verifying your safety critical software!

I like the original German better, despite speaking/understanding German very badly. I'll save that version for another time...

Top Bottom