Season 472 - Games and Toys

Season 472 - wrap

Thank you all for Season 472 - Games and Toys!

We had 54 songs from 34 Seasonistas; a fine variety on themes, styles and genres. Just an example: the oldest tune, A Toye, was published in 1616 and the newest songs were written for this Season.

There were songs about games people play and games without frontiers, about Monopoly, Dominoes, gambling, mind games, baseball, Husker Du, Subbuteo, Jeopardy, Solitaire, Marco Polo, video games, darts, Snakes and Ladders, emotional games, Dino Bite, go and card games...

There were songs from The Legend of Zelda, Transformers and Bastion.

The most popular toys were kites, then came teddy bears, but also a satin doll, a superball, a ding-a-ling, a yo-yo, a vibrator, red balloons, a skateboard, toys for big boys and a marvelous toy that nobody can name, but it goes "zip" and "bop" and "whirr".

I enjoyed your submissions very much and learned about new (to me) songwriters, songs and games. :)

The random number generator decided that the prizes (the Finnish miniature wooden toys) go to:
- Barbablanca
- Pabrizzer
- KimiAustin and Kevin
- Uke4ia

20210310_172309.jpg

Please let me know your mail address and let's see how the international mail services work nowadays.

Thank you, everyone, so much for playing, for listening and for commenting!

Thanks for hosting a wonderful season Ylle! Since Kimi and I are both in the same city, I'll discuss with her, and sort which address you can send to. kev ~

Thanks, Ylle! Sorry I couldn't get around to a song about the game "Red Rover".

I received the prize today, Ylle. Thanks!

These were the stamps on the package:

Finnish stamps.jpg

Nice to hear that it arrived, Jim. Thank you for letting me know!

I'm glad it finally arrived, Brian. Nicely put together.

Top Bottom