Thread: New Tenor Guitar

Default New Tenor Guitar

My wife and I drove down to Red Wing MN from Minneapolis today to Hobgoblin Music. They build harps there and have a regular music store upstairs. I bought an Ashbury tenor guitar. I have not been able to play guitar or mandolin for very long at one stretch because of tendonitis in my left wrist. The ukulele seems to put a lot less strain on the wrist, but I do miss the 6 string and the mandolin.

I tuned this tenor guitar like an octave mandolin, GDAE, and it is working great.

It was my wife's idea to go down there and look at the tenor so I have to thank her.
    Tenor Guitar.jpg
    Last edited by Doug W; 02-28-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

Good for you!!
    I made the jump a little over a year ago.
    Playing in fifths is a ball.

You might want to check out https://www.mandolincafe.com
    They have a tenor guitar sub forum
    Last edited by Stagehand; 03-01-2021 at 12:43 AM.
    "Life is short. Opera is long."

Anonymous

Congratulation and excellent pivot. Going on a different path can re-energize us, so enjoy.

Bluesy.

Stagehand thanks for the link.
    Bluesy, I have to agree with different paths being energizing.

Congratulations that is a beautiful looking instrument. I will second the recommendation for the tenor guitar sub-forum at Mandolin Cafe. Great bunch of folks and very helpful
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Congratulations that is a beautiful looking instrument. I will second the recommendation for the tenor guitar sub-forum at Mandolin Cafe. Great bunch of folks and very helpful
    Thanks Dave
    I originally tuned it CGDA and was disappointed in the sound. Then I changed it to GDAE and the sound improved greatly to my ear as did the playability, plus I can just read music for it in treble clef. Alto clef is a foreign land to me. I try to divide up practice time every between the new tenor and the uke. It seems that my mandolin is still tough on the wrist so I just look at it.

I have registered at Mandolin Cafe.

Thread Information