New Tenor Guitar

Doug W

Reaction score
My wife and I drove down to Red Wing MN from Minneapolis today to Hobgoblin Music. They build harps there and have a regular music store upstairs. I bought an Ashbury tenor guitar. I have not been able to play guitar or mandolin for very long at one stretch because of tendonitis in my left wrist. The ukulele seems to put a lot less strain on the wrist, but I do miss the 6 string and the mandolin.

I tuned this tenor guitar like an octave mandolin, GDAE, and it is working great.

It was my wife's idea to go down there and look at the tenor so I have to thank her.
Tenor Guitar.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulation and excellent pivot. Going on a different path can re-energize us, so enjoy.

Bluesy.

Stagehand thanks for the link.
Bluesy, I have to agree with different paths being energizing.

Congratulations that is a beautiful looking instrument. I will second the recommendation for the tenor guitar sub-forum at Mandolin Cafe. Great bunch of folks and very helpful

Congratulations that is a beautiful looking instrument. I will second the recommendation for the tenor guitar sub-forum at Mandolin Cafe. Great bunch of folks and very helpful

Thanks Dave
I originally tuned it CGDA and was disappointed in the sound. Then I changed it to GDAE and the sound improved greatly to my ear as did the playability, plus I can just read music for it in treble clef. Alto clef is a foreign land to me. I try to divide up practice time every between the new tenor and the uke. It seems that my mandolin is still tough on the wrist so I just look at it.

I have registered at Mandolin Cafe.

Top Bottom