Thread: Fake or genuine Kanilea K1 S Deluxe soprano

Default Fake or genuine Kanilea K1 S Deluxe soprano

Hello everyone,
    I am interested to this kanile’a but I am not sure If it is genuine or not.

The main issue is the fretboard. I have never seen a light brown fretboard on kanilea. Do you think it is genuine?

In general, what do you think about this ukulele?

Hi there. I saw this listing as well while I was browsing local ukulele sellers. I don't see any reason why this would be fake. It's quite clearly an older Kanile'a model that has a rosewood fingerboard and bridge instead of ebony which Kanile'a now use on the newer models. Similarly, this one doesn't have the ebony head plate that the newer Kanile'a models have. I can vouch for the label inside the body that it definitely looks genuine. The issue here is that the seller simply took the specs for the new models from the Kanile'a website and posted them on the listing instead of researching the specs of the older Kanile'a models.

I think the price of this one was 695 Euros which, in my opinion, is a fair price for an older Kanile'a soprano if the condition is "like new" as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    Hi there. I saw this listing as well while I was browsing local ukulele sellers. I don't see any reason why this would be fake. It's quite clearly an older Kanile'a model that has a rosewood fingerboard and bridge instead of ebony which Kanile'a now use on the newer models. Similarly, this one doesn't have the ebony head plate that the newer Kanile'a models have. I can vouch for the label inside the body that it definitely looks genuine. The issue here is that the seller simply took the specs for the new models from the Kanile'a website and posted them on the listing instead of researching the specs of the older Kanile'a models.

I think the price of this one was 695 Euros which, in my opinion, is a fair price for an older Kanile'a soprano if the condition is "like new" as they claim.
    Thank you. How old should it be?

I've seen older Kanile’a with unstained rosewood fingerboards, resulting in a lighter brown hue. The new Oha series have brown fingerboards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Botacco View Post
    I'm guessing this is a 2018 model, maybe 2017, if that's what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Botacco View Post
    I could be wrong, but always thought the Kanilea labels showed the date as the first 4 digits of the serial number, e.g. in the pics below the 1019 represents October 2019, and the other one 0717 is July 2017.

label2.JPGlabel.JPG
    John

Thank you! Very good piece of information

Gotta love these small bits of information that surface here.

In the end, I did not resist...

And I realized that It is a dec. 2016. I really love it, even if I feel the neck a bit bulky compared to the Martin c1k.
    The kanilea has a more squared neck profile while the Martin is a bit flatter and round.

ECF1CE71-6837-45F6-8D21-C64BF15514D5.jpg
    A867725E-9AC5-4146-A44B-98DE7F273847.jpg

Thread Information