Wonder Why Most Electric Solid Body Uku Are Sold Out

spirittoo

Reaction score
I found a great looking electric solid body uku from Flight Uku that is sold out. I really would like one, but they are no where to be found. That is true with a lot of ukus that are shaped like well known electric guitars.

The ones reasonably priced (under $400) must be extremely popular.:iwant:

In a world where the rent/cost of living doesn’t match the working wage(USA), I imagine a lot of people are turning to quiet practice ukes having neighbors and other communal living arrangements. I know I am. Some of the semi-hollow and solid body ukes have nicer pickup system then the passives often found on acoustic/electric ukes making them viable for home studio direct line in as well (since live gigs were forbidden by the big bruvh). Also a lot of amps have headphone jacks and that helps the noise problem in a stay-at-home world as well. Plus yeah you said it, sub $400. That’s the majority of the uke selling market these days I reckon not many of the percentage of buyers will ever even spend over $700 on one. Just one american’s POV...

Last edited:
It sure does look like more people are buying these ukus. Flight told me they will not be getting the one I would like in the US until May. I figure probably by the end of May. It's a great looking and sounding instrument from what I have seen of it on line. It will be worth the wait if they do hit the states in May.

I just got a great solid body, steel string uke from Sparrow Ukulele. Not much of a wait, give them a call.

COVID, plus US/China trade wars has messed with supply chains.
Same in Australia. Australia/China trade war means that a lot of supply chains are having to change.

Such is life.

I believe you are correct about trade. The demand is high, but the amount supplied is limited. Still I plan to get one when they are available again. I just love the look. No one else has anything like it.

Top Bottom