I See a Router in My Future

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I recently finished making a sled for my table saw, and while I was working on that, I thought about making a table for my router. Then I thought I should have some kind of lift mechanism for the router.

I looked online for both DIY tables and lifts, and I discovered the Triton router with it built-in lift mechanism. You put it in a table, and you run a crank down to a fitting that lets you adjust the height. Great idea! Why don't all routers have that feature? There's a little attachment on the other end of the micro adjustment shaft. That's all it takes.

Now I have to decide which model to get and then decide on a table design.

I use a Triton plunge router in a router table. Works great. It comes with a long handle that goes through a hole in the table to adjust the height of the cutter. The spring for the plunge function is removed from the router. So I don’t have to reach in the router table to turn it on, I have it plugged in to a remote switch along with a vacuum. I’ve used this for a long time with no problems. I have the model that sells for around $250.
Ed

Top Bottom