Pono Pro Classic Macassar Ebony (ETSH PCC) Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
SOLD Pono Pro Classic Macassar Ebony tenor (ETSH PCC) with solid cedar top and slotted headstock for sale. Uke is from 2013 (serial number #130368). Comes with Ko’olau/Pono hard case. Also included with the sale are three sets of new strings: Uke Logic High G soft tension; Aquila Lava High G; GHS Craig Chee/Sarah Maisel Low G so you can string this uke as you prefer. Reason for sale is that I’ve been bitten by the ‘concert bug’ and need to help fund a new uke.

B14D137B-A5A6-4BBF-B239-C8ACEDB0F42C.jpg
602AC316-F119-4B17-B1D5-E0D6E8202BF0.jpg
D9810544-44C4-4FD3-B1BB-765D8CF1432F.jpg
3CE34FF4-E03C-4821-9975-7548317DFE33.jpg
0C65032D-F0A0-41BE-A3F0-59F513F22D4A.jpg

Last edited:
These are great tenors. The ebony on the body of yours is beautiful. Nice cedar top as well.

I have an older (09) cutaway version and the sound is excellent. I often find myself grabbing it for some casual everyday practice & playing.

Nice job on your video. If that was handheld you have a very steady hand indeed. (I couldn't tell from the reflection.) Regardless, it's well done.

Someone will get a terrific daily player.

Cheers, Kenn2018, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this model! They’re lovely instruments, both visually and aesthetically! I’ve always wanted this particular model, tho I’d really have preferred the regular headstock with my fretting hand issues. Regardless, when I had the opportunity to own one, I didn’t hesitate to buy as they’re, generally speaking, quite rare to come by for sale. This model is a stunner and will undoubtedly make its next owner thrilled!

These are great tenors. The ebony on the body of yours is beautiful. Nice cedar top as well.

I have an older (09) cutaway version and the sound is excellent. I often find myself grabbing it for some casual everyday practice & playing.

Nice job on your video. If that was handheld you have a very steady hand indeed. (I couldn't tell from the reflection.) Regardless, it's well done.

Someone will get a terrific daily player.

Update: I’m receiving PMs but would like to let people know that your PM messages are getting truncated and cut off. Please include your email address in the subject line of your PM and I’ll respond to you that way. Thank you so much for all of the interest!

Another update: I overlooked mentioning that there is also a wrench, included in the sale, for the adjustable truss rod. Thank you, UU!

Uke Now Strung and Updated Pics

Hey, guys ~ I went ahead and strung the uke with a Ko’olau ‘Alohi High G set with a Wound C (I’ll still include the other strings in the sale if you would like them!). I’m going to allow the strings to settle a day or so, then I’ll make a sound sample to share here. I’ve been dealing with a wicked flare up of my wrist tendonitis in my fretting hand, so it won’t be a wild and crazy sound sample, but it will give you an idea of how incredible this uke sounds — the sustain is absolutely insane! What the guys at HMS say about the Macassar Ebony on this model is so true — the sustain just goes on and on! I think Corey even talks about how this wood combination, a solid cedar top with the solid Macassar Ebony sides and back, is one of his favorite wood configurations. I took just a few pics with the uke strung up to further whet one’s appetite! :cool:

E48AF300-4115-49B4-9E8A-A292BD50A85B.jpg
8986E93C-A1A0-41A8-811D-52A28A68A59D.jpg
D61E2536-5E49-4CDF-A8ED-717E795A34ED.jpg
1C22844A-9F7E-43EB-BA32-7E93829CCFCB.jpg

Edit: I don’t know why the pics keep loading at wonky angles. Pls PM me your email address and I can send the pics via email, too, if you’d like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom