Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there an easy (learnable) way to switch from F to G chord?

This video from Cynthia Lin may help you,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAPTQu6bHzk

I thought I was the only one with this problem! I started to kind of lean back while changing the chords so that my uke rests on my body and doesn't fall.
    I will try these suggestions.
    Imagine if John Lennon had composed "Imagine" on the ukulele
    Maybe folks would have more clearly got the message

It's just one of those changes that you're going to just have to practice over and over. I know a lot of people don't want to hear that, but as you go, there will be WAY harder transitions that you will encounter. I tried to take a lot of shortcuts as a beginner, but it just leads to a lot of bad habits. This is one of the easier chord changes, so I suggest that you work on it over and over. Try this without strumming though and simply just do the left hand chord change itself. Turn on a movie, relax and just switch over and over. You'll get it after a bit, but it will be a process.

Also, I just pulled out my uke and when you hold an F chord, your ring finger can hang right over the 3rd fret 2nd string for the start of the G. All you need to do is add your other 2 fingers on the 1st and 3rd of the 2nd fret while putting your ring finger straight down!
    Last edited by Kyle23; 03-08-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

Hello I had the same problem when I picked up the uke 2 years ago... and I hate to say it just comes with practice and playing more.
    At some point your hand just naturally balance the uke on its own. It's like hoping on a cruise ship you sway for the first little bit

Thread Information