my new go-to online ukulele store

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
If you haven’t had the pleasure, yet, of working with Tyler Gilman of Ukulele Store Hawai’i, at http://ukulelestorehawaii.com, I highly recommend giving him a call. I’ve been working with him the past few days as he’s been helping me find a concert ukulele with a radius fretboard. The inventory he has is absolutely outstanding, hands down, exquisite, stunning instruments! He’s provided me with a wealth of information, pics, as well as personally making sound sample videos of all of the ‘ukuleles I’ve been interested in. Absolutely an awesome guy and just wanted to let others out there know about him and his online store. Btw, he has WAY more ukes in his brick and mortar store, so even if you cannot find what you are looking for on his site, give him a call, and tell him what you want. He will help you find what you’re looking for! Ukulele Store Hawai’i is now my go-to online source, and when I finally get the chance to go to Hawai’i, you can bet I’ll be stopping to visit his store as well! Mahalo plenty, Tyler!!!

Thanks for posting about them. Ukulele Store isn't a very creative name, but they sure have a nice selection. A bit out of most people's budgets, but wow, nice looking ukes. If they can do good setups, they can go a long way toward pleasing the big spenders!

I took a quick look. Looks like quite the store for high end buyers especially.....That doesn't include me, but it's neat to look. Nice to hear the service lives up to what is stated on the page too. I hope all the best for him.

I believe Tyler has ‘ukuleles in other price ranges available, too; he told me that he doesn’t have nearly all of his instruments online. Give him a call to let him know what you’re looking for as I know he’d be very happy to assist! He’s a straight shooter and listens to your needs very carefully and gives lots of information to help you find the best fit.

P.S. Here’s a lovely article that I came across announcing the grand opening of his store back in 2016: https://www.metrohnl.com/ukulele-lover-turns-his-passion-into-new-shop/

Last edited:
I visited the store several times and it has a wall with a very nice selection of high end ukes. This even includes a few custom builds for the owner that may not be for sale but certainly worth checking out. Then there is a whole other wall with the mass produced ukes like Kala going down to the <$100 models. Something there for everyone.

It's been months since I surfed to any online uke stores.

Their selection looks pretty good. Seems they only have Hawaiin Koa ukes. The cheapest on the site was $650 for a thin line Hawaiin Koa uke. Not too bad.

Now, let's go over to theukuelelsite.com and gcea.com and see what's around. Hoping my UAS doesn't come back; good thing my desk is wooden ** knocks on wood **

Some truly amazing models I have never seen before but no international shipping by the looks of it. Also, such tiny pictures of such premium instruments! There is no excuse for not offering large, good quality photographs these days.

Thank you for this post. Looks like an excellent resource for what "aspirational browsing." I usually keep an eye on Ukulele Friend's site, but thanks to you, here's an additional option.

It's harmless. Really.:drool:

Bluesy.

While beautiful instruments those ukes that cost thousands of dollars are for professional players and those who are very well off. Most of us can't afford them.:stop::2cents:

I bought my first ukulele from the actual store.......... was on vacation, wife walked into their store and bought a uke for 300 usd....... I really knew nothing about Ukes at that time and kind of regret the purchase....... bought some brand called Hanohano with low g wound string.........A couple of HS kids working there helping me talking circles haha. It doesn't get played anymore..... but just a keep sake item the time we went to Hawaii.

Anyway staff were very friendly. Do not mean to be any slight towards the store. I was just unknowledgeable consumer .........

Top Bottom