Review: Bugsgear Soprano Aqualele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
To longtime followers on UU, this instrument is nothing new, and in fact, has been available as long as I have played the instrument (5 years).

It's still available, unchanged, and it's still better than a Waterman. The action is wonderful, though the nut, fretboard, and spacing are all incredibly narrow. And it's current price point of $49.50 is too much (although I did see this model available on Walmart for under $40). It still has the best gig bag of any of the plastic ukuleles.

Full UkeGuide video below with chapters; UkeGuide document is at ukestuff.info or ukeguide.info, and the One Minute Review appears below, too.

Thanks for the review. I got one for 30some bucks, and am happy with it for what it is.

On the positive, it's durable enough and cheap enough that I'm happy to juggle it. On the negative, that deep body gives it an odd balance, and the headstock is too sharp to comfortably balance it on your chin if that's what you're looking to do.

Thanks for the review. I got one for 30some bucks, and am happy with it for what it is.

On the positive, it's durable enough and cheap enough that I'm happy to juggle it. On the negative, that deep body gives it an odd balance, and the headstock is too sharp to comfortably balance it on your chin if that's what you're looking to do.

Balance the headstock on your chin?

Top Bottom